IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cannot download ASC..Error 80070002

I just got a new Dell Inspiron N5110 with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer. I am a paid subscriber to ASC. When I try to download ASCv5 I get a message that says: asc-setup.exe couldn't be downloaded.

Also when I try to download Chrome Browser I get this message:

"

ERROR DETAILS

Following errors were detected during this operation.

* [3/8/2012 4:57:53 AM] System.IO.FileNotFoundException

- The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

- Source: System.Deployment

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IsolationInte rop.GetUserStore(UInt32 Flags, IntPtr hToken, Guid& riid)

at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore..ctor (ComponentStoreType storeType, SubscriptionStore subStore)

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore..c tor(String deployPath, String tempPath, ComponentStoreType storeType)

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ge t_CurrentUser()

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)"

I am also unable to download any .pdf documents.

I am afraid I might be infected.

What can be done to resolve this?

Thank you

Hi Purringtn. Welcome to Iobit forums!

I have read your other posts as well as Enoskype's advisement that you open a thread here.

How new is this machine? What is the A/V that came pre-loaded on this machine. What are the software changes you have made to it? Most importantly, are you the only user on this machine with admin rights and are you the only one using it??

Please follow the guidelines here. Please post the DDS logs as requested.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I have read your other posts as well as Enoskype's advisement that you open a thread here.

How new is this machine? What is the A/V that came pre-loaded on this machine. What are the software changes you have made to it? Most importantly, are you the only user on this machine with admin rights and are you the only one using it??

Please follow the guidelines here. Please post the DDS logs as requested.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Mel:

I appreciate your participation in this thread.

The Dell Inspiron N5110 is new [A week old today]. I am the only user. Could you clarify what "A/V" stands for?

I did originally download chrome browser and it worked fine for a while but then oddly I could not bring it up any longer. It is listed under my programs but I can neither bring it up to use nor uninstall it.

When I attempt to download Chrome Browser I get the message indicating:

" Following errors were detected during this operation.

* [3/8/2012 4:57:53 AM] System.IO.FileNotFoundException

- The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

- Source: System.Deployment"

I am also unable to download Advanced System Care which I subscribed to and used successfully for several years on my former laptop.

I am unable to download "TFC by Old Timer" and get a message at the bottom of my screen that says: TFC.exe couldn't be downloaded. Therefore I was unable to complete the DDS process that you suggested I do.

I am done work today at 1:30 p.m. [Eastern Standard Time]. If you wish I can allow you remote access to my laptop in the event you would like to investigate the problem in that manner.

Thank you

Lewis

Hi Purringtn.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

A/V is anti-virus.

Please describe your security softwares (A/V and or firewall). ( I see in your profile listed Avast ) If you turn off your security software are you able to download TFC? Did your machine come pre-loaded with an A/V (such as Symantec's Norton)?

Also please describe your network (internet access).

What browser are you using?

Also please look at your network settings and permissions inside Windows.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Lewis,

Please tell us what is the end result after you have been looked after HERE at geeks to go!

You were at the good hands, so if I understand correctly, your download problem is solved right?

Did you clean all the residues of the Mc Affee A/V trial?

My advice is that, I would stick to one help forum untill no progress is made.

Even in the same forum, it is advisable to get suggestions from ONE helper unless the helper guides you to someone else.

I leave the floor to you Mel. :wink:

Cheers.

Hi Enoskype!

Thanks for that... I had not looked at geeks to go. Purrington's problem was solved within Win 7 using system restore. Here is the advisement he followed.

System restore to solve an issue on an OS only a week in use.

I am happy you found the solution Lewis... though the cause remains curious.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

A Happy Ending

Milkrock who assisted me at Geeks to Go did an outstanding job in assisting me.

He was very patient with me and explained what he wished me to do in resolving this issue in a language that a computer novice such as myself could understand.

I think that some of the things he had me do in correcting my registry helped a great deal.

I followed his suggestions and installed Avasti Internet Security and purchased Malbytesware.

At his request I used a McAffee uninstall tool to remove the McAffee anti-Virus program so I am reasonably confident that all residue was removed in the process.

I hope this answers any questions you may have had for me.

Thank you

Archived