IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Several ?'s I Can't Find Answers For

Tally

I have looked but cannot find the answers to several questions that I have regarding Advanced Windows Care v2 Personal - they are as follows:

1. Under "Add-Ons", "Tools", "Process Manager", what are the PID's and the Process IDs. Why are they all listed - and what are we supposed to do with them? Where do we find out what they mean?? It appears that we cannot delete or change anything on the screen. Am I missing something here???

2. Same questions with TCP/UDP as in #1 above.

3. Under "Scan", "Infection Defense" & Web-Site Defense", after immunizing them, wouldn't it free up space to delete them? And, under "Cookie Defense", after blocking them, why couldn't they be deleted?

4. I question the "Fix/Repair" Registry Keys. I uninstalled the latest version of Kodak and went back to the older version because there were several options I did not like in the update. I spoke with a rep. @ Kodak & he advised me that I could very easily uninstall the new version & re-install the old version.

Well, I'm not so sure that Advanced Windows Care did not correct the latest version's registry keys instead of deleting them.

I would really appreciate a response to these questions before I go any further with this program or recommend to anyone else.

It's sounds great up front - but there's a lot that is not clearly stated anywhere.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

:?:

If I understand correctly, you want to modify the information in the system information module. These are your computer's hardware settings and you cannot simply change them through the computer. All this module does is detect what hardware and specs are on your computer so to change them you must purchase new hardware.

As for the issue with the Infection databases, these are definitions in the program that scan for and then write protection registry values to block certain adware and spyware from being installed onto your computer. You cannot delete these as deleting the registry values would then stop the protection. The registry values were added to your computer as "rules" on the internet and such that would prevent these malware from being installed.

The same goes for cookies. You can block bad cookies, but the ones not blocked are themselves deleted by the program in the privacy scan. You can change the options in the privacy scan to search for more items and clean them as well.

1 More ? - Thank U For Other Answers

First of all, I would like to say a big "Thank You" to Clayton for your excellent explanation to my questions! I think you did a great job in explaining your answers in a way that almost anyone could understand.

However, one topic was not approached - that was the 4th one - re: the "Fix/Repair" Registy in re: to my uninstall, reinstall of Kodak. Does anyone have an explanation on this one????

Again, thanking you in advance for your assistance. :?:

I can help you with this problem, too, I think but I need some more details as to what exactly the problem is.

For example, do you want to know if AWC cleaned all old registry entries of the Kodak software?

Or is it more along the lines of after installing the new version, there were some changes you didn't like but even after uninstalling the new version and reinstalling the old, those changes were still kept?

If you can answer these questions it would be a great help.

-Clayton

Registry Keys

I believe that it repaired/fixed the new version registry keys even though I un-installed that version. Then when I did the re-install of the old version, I believe those registry keys were also added to the Registry.

Does that make sense??

Hope it helps!!

Thanx!!!!!! :?:

Hmmmm... if it has deleted the new registry keys then there should be no more problem. Do you have any problems with the installation of the old software?

If you wanted to get rid of all traces of the software you need to uninstall the product and then delete the file folder in the system path. A registry cleaner could then be used to pick up and trace amounts of keys left behind and you could also use "Start>Run>regedit" to manually search for any keys left behind from the software in the software folder for example- although not recommended at all since manually cleaning the registry is very risky and you could do some major and often irreversible damage to your PC.

If you feel you are short on space for your computer, try deleting some old files and uninstall software you don't use and delete its file path in the system directory.

After you've done that you might consider trying to reconstruct your registry (automatically done for you) through the use of a program such as NTregOpt. Just search google for "ntregopt" and download the file and install the program. It will defragment your registry and likely allow for greater system stability and much quicker speed.

Clayton,

Thanks for the tip on NTRegOpt. Nice little program. It took out about 15% of my registry that was "empty space". Something like this might be a good addition to AWC.

They also have the Erunt COMPLETE registry backup program that work pretty well. If anyone tries it, it has an option of making a complete registry backup everyday when you log on. I wouldn't recommend doing that because they can be fairly large files and having thirty different backups of that size can be a bit much. Handy for making an easy backup here & there.

samr.

Ok Samr, glad that I could help you atleast. And you're right about erunt- that is, you shouldn't make too many backups even despite the relatively small size of the average registry. And yes I agree that it could be a good adition to AWC as I have already commented to Tim.

But back to Tally's question on the registry keys created from Kodak's software- are you still having issues or do you still have any questions?

• 3 weeks later...

Clayton, I'm really sorry for not posting an answer to your reply sooner but some of those pictures are of my father's funeral. I just have not been able to go back into Kodak and deal with anything for that reason.

But, I think the problem may be that I when I updated the EasyShare software (then un-installed & went back to the old version), I also update the camera itself. Maybe they are not working together now???

I don't really think that is the answer but I thought I might try deleting and reloading the pictures just to see if it is.

Maybe the problem is when I upgraded to Windows Media Player 10 - I don't know. All I do know is I can burn pictures to a new CD but I cannot add pictures to a previous used CD that has like 10-20 pictures on it (no where close to being full).

Maybe it has to do with formatting, who knows???

I know this really isn't your area of concern, Clayton, as you work with Advanced Windows Care and you have done a great job in answering those questions, so if you are unable to help me with Kodak's EasyShare, I understand completely.

Thanking you again in advance for your response. I truly appreciate your assistance and advice!!

Tally

Archived