IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Active Boost

midniteflyer

Hi i wonder if anyone can help me,i am wanting to make a short cut to activate ASC 5.2's Active Boost module when i need it.At the moment i have to load ASC 5.2 then shut it down again just to have Active Boost running.I have looked for a separate program for Boost and cant find one and there is no option when right clicking on the desktop shortcut to run it either.

Thank you.

Hi Roy thanks for the reply,when i followed your instructions i found it was aready ticked,i checked to see if i had blocked it at startup and found two entries auto update and autocare,obviously its not update so is care for activeboost?.

Also what i was actually wanting is rather than having it running all the time was to have an easy link to click to set it running when i wanted it,any help with that?

Hi midniteflyer,

ActiveBoost is a part of ASC executable, so you have to start ASC with Windows to have it all the time unless IObit changes it in future releases.

It can be activated through the systam tray icon of ASC by right clicking on it when ASC is started with Windows.

A similar tool is Smart RAM in the Toolbox of ASC of which you can adjust to start with Windows even if ASC has not been started with Windows.

That may fit to your needs more. A shortcut can also be created on desktop to start it manually.

I have already stated in the forum that my preference is to start SmartRAM with Windows and start ASC manually with ActiveBoost off.

In case ActiveBoost is needed, it can be turned on through ASC system tray icon, and SmartRAM can be exited through it's own icon in system tray.

Cheers.

Archived