IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

First Reaction to ASC with Anti virus

:-)

Installation was flawless on laptop. Noted absence of useless second desktop icon for QuickCare. Checked size of IObit folder and found ASC Ver. 4 still there so deleted it. Why wasn't it deleted automatically when I installed Ver. 5? Left Ver. 5 alone in folder. Good to be able to go back to it easily if Beta were to flop. Revised IObit folder is 284 MB. Will be even less when Ver. 5 is deleted. Went to desktop with Ver. 5 Pro installed. It also had Ver. 4 which I deleted, leaving 167 MB total for IObit folder. That tells me that the addition of anti virus/anti-malware only takes 97 MB. Could be as little as 35 MB when Ver. 5 is removed from laptop. Compare that to Norton, AVG, Avast, etc. However, since space is not a premium, will hope the added antivirus will be as good as the other programs.

Now to look to the future: Would like to see one more application added and that is a really good backup program. In my opinion, the perfect backup program would be one that, once an image of my computer is created, it would be updated automatically on another internal or external drive whenever I shut down my computer, sort of like Windows updates are installed once in awhile. Would be interested in reaction of others.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived