IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Why is there an X on my ASC taskbar icon?

I've been using ASC 5 (free) for a long time. But after a reboot, I noticed a little X on my ASC taskbar icon. I don't remember seeing it before. I checked to make sure ASC is still running on my system and everything seems to be working just fine. Does anyone know what this means? I'm going to feel pretty stupid if it means I'm just an unobservant idiot b/c it's been there all along.

Hi Sazerac

Have you tried hovering over it with the mouse-pointer, usually it will tell you what it is.

Probably it will tell you that Active boost is inactive.

Cheers

solbjerg

I've been using ASC 5 (free) for a long time. But after a reboot, I noticed a little X on my ASC taskbar icon. I don't remember seeing it before. I checked to make sure ASC is still running on my system and everything seems to be working just fine. Does anyone know what this means? I'm going to feel pretty stupid if it means I'm just an unobservant idiot b/c it's been there all along.

Hi Sazerac

Have you tried hovering over it with the mouse-pointer, usually it will tell you what it is.

Probably it will tell you that Active boost is inactive.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for the suggestion Solbjerg, but yes I checked that and even turned on Turbo Boost to see if it made a difference, but no joy.

Hi Sazerac

Did you see the description when hovering over the icon?

In your settings there is a possibility to Activate or deactivate Active Boost.

A toggling of this setting may help if the setting is hanging for some reason.

Additionally you have to choose the setting that starts the program with Windows at startup.

At the bottom of the main window the Active boost will tell you if it is On or Off

Clicking the On or Off will change the setting, but you still have to set it to Start up with Windows at Startup.

Did you restart the program at any time during the setting changes?

Turbo Boost is another function.

Please give us a screenshot of the Active boost setting in the program settings + a screenshot of the General settings.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for the suggestion Solbjerg, but yes I checked that and even turned on Turbo Boost to see if it made a difference, but no joy.

Hi Sazerac

Did you see the description when hovering over the icon?

In your settings there is a possibility to Activate or deactivate Active Boost.

A toggling of this setting may help if the setting is hanging for some reason.

Additionally you have to choose the setting that starts the program with Windows at startup.

At the bottom of the main window the Active boost will tell you if it is On or Off

Clicking the On or Off will change the setting, but you still have to set it to Start up with Windows at Startup.

Did you restart the program at any time during the setting changes?

Turbo Boost is another function.

Please give us a screenshot of the Active boost setting in the program settings + a screenshot of the General settings.

Cheers

solbjerg

Solbjerg, sorry I took so long to reply, I've been out of town and away from my PC. I had thought that Active Boost and Turbo Boost were the same thing and in the past I had started Turbo Boost to see it that got rid of the little X and there was no joy. This time,I followed your suggestion about starting Active Boost and that seems to work well. I didn't even have to reboot.

ASC 5 is a great piece of software and I've recommended it to a number of friends. Now I can tell them just how great ASC Support is too!

Thanks for your help.

Sazerac

Hi Sazerac

Glad to hear you made it work!

Active boost is somewhat related to the formerly called Performance Monitor and the RAM cleaner? (I don't remember the name) EDIT: SmartRAM

And Turbo boost is somewhat related to the Game booster program

Cheers

solbjerg

Solbjerg, sorry I took so long to reply, I've been out of town and away from my PC. I had thought that Active Boost and Turbo Boost were the same thing and in the past I had started Turbo Boost to see it that got rid of the little X and there was no joy. This time,I followed your suggestion about starting Active Boost and that seems to work well. I didn't even have to reboot.

ASC 5 is a great piece of software and I've recommended it to a number of friends. Now I can tell them just how great ASC Support is too!

Thanks for your help.

Sazerac

Archived