IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Only IP addresses work instead of hostname or UNC

jayhir

Ever since I have used Advanced System Care, I have lost the ability to use a standard UNC of the format:

\\hostname

in the explorer.

I can however ping and get the IP address and browse using IP address:

\\192.XXX.XXX.XXX

I have used ASC since version 3 and I am convinced that it is related to regitry clean function within ASC.

I have attempted the fix mentioned in Microsoft Technet article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc940089.aspx

but that does not resolve the issue. Please help...

Hi jayhir

In your Junk file cleaning setting do you have the cleaning of the DNS Cache ticked?

Even if you don't you could try toggling the setting - ending up with having it non-ticked.

I would also check my services.

Just a guess on my part.

Cheers

solbjerg

Ever since I have used Advanced System Care, I have lost the ability to use a standard UNC of the format:

\\hostname

in the explorer.

I can however ping and get the IP address and browse using IP address:

\\192.XXX.XXX.XXX

I have used ASC since version 3 and I am convinced that it is related to regitry clean function within ASC.

I have attempted the fix mentioned in Microsoft Technet article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc940089.aspx

but that does not resolve the issue. Please help...

Hi jayhir

In your Junk file cleaning setting do you have the cleaning of the DNS Cache ticked?

Even if you don't you could try toggling the setting - ending up with having it non-ticked.

I would also check my services.

Just a guess on my part.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for your quick response. Currently the DNS Cache us unchecked. I do not recall ever manually turning that ON. By toggling do you mean "check once and and uncheck", or "check once, run and then uncheck and re-run".

Thanks in advance.

Hi jayhir

I just meant try checking it and then unchecking it - possibly after checking close the program - then start the program again and uncheck the DNS setting.

In the early versions of the program the DNS setting was checked by default - but they have changed that. At least I remember that I had to deselect the cleaning of the DNS cache manually at that time.

My advice is to take a look at services.msc too

And check all "problems" prior to finalizing the cleaning, to ascertain if any item should be moved to the Ignore list, when you are running the program.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for your quick response. Currently the DNS Cache us unchecked. I do not recall ever manually turning that ON. By toggling do you mean "check once and and uncheck", or "check once, run and then uncheck and re-run".

Thanks in advance.

Archived