IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

3.5 video wont delete [Deleted by IObit Unlocker]

decided to give it a go, just to see. I usually use fraps but it causes lag, this was no improvement also the video quality was terrible (@100%) and it had no sound (maybe set wrong!?).

When I went to check out the files they played (in gom) but the file properties wouldn't come up. having finished my experiment I decided to delete the files but windows just sits there "calculating".

I have tried restarting but they refuse to go away and continue to consume MB's? GB's? of disk space.

I will download unlocker to see if that will remove them. any other suggestions?

wow never seen unlocker fail before. I have run chkdsk /f which found no problems. advanced system care shredder just sits there doing nothing.

I am running win7 x64 from a corsair force 3 ssd the files are on a 4 x sata2 hdd raid_0 on the primary (data) partition, I also have a program files "logical" partition and everything else is working fine.

when deleting (unlocker, asc or explorer) explorer.exe chews up 13% cpu and 10MB extra memory but still shows as "running" (not "not responding").

any ideas?

Safe Mode

Have you tried booting into Win7 Safe Mode and deleting ?

Also, you could try IObit Unlocker

....when deleting (unlocker, asc or explorer) explorer.exe chews up 13% cpu and 10MB extra memory but still shows as "running" (not "not responding")......

I see you have McAfee security software installed, I don't know anything about McAfee but could it be that it is 'protecting' the files ?

You could try disconnecting from the internet (for safety) then turn off McAfee protection and try deleting and/or unlocking the file.

All the best, woz of oz

Archived