IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Microsoft Security Essentials and ASC5

tentaro

I downloaded and updated to the newest version a couple days ago and my Microsoft Security Essentials is now giving me the it hasn't been run in awhile message no matter how many times I run it. This has happened in the past. I usually have to uninstall MSE and then reinstall it everytime this happens. I was hoping there was a quicker solution sine it seems to coincide with the update for ASC.

Hi tentaro

What are your settings in ASC 5.3, have you unticked MS antimalware in Privacy for example?

If not - try that please.

Cheers

solbjerg

I downloaded and updated to the newest version a couple days ago and my Microsoft Security Essentials is now giving me the it hasn't been run in awhile message no matter how many times I run it. This has happened in the past. I usually have to uninstall MSE and then reinstall it everytime this happens. I was hoping there was a quicker solution sine it seems to coincide with the update for ASC.

Wow been through the privacy settings enough times since I been using this since version 3... you think I would have noticed it before...... I have unchecked that box in both Deep and Quick Care now but I am sure I will still have to reload MSE now anyway correct? This will just prevent it from doing this again right? Thanks for the help, I still cannot believe I missed that setting.

Hi tentaro

I think it should be sufficient to run an update of MSE and let it run a scan, probably it was because with the setting you had no data was being kept - were deleted by the ASC scans.

Did you by any chance do a clean install of the ASC program recently?

After a clean install you should always check the settings - and I recommend that you do it even after an over the top install too.

After you have updated MSE and let it run a scan it will have the data that will make it work as you were used to I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

Wow been through the privacy settings enough times since I been using this since version 3... you think I would have noticed it before...... I have unchecked that box in both Deep and Quick Care now but I am sure I will still have to reload MSE now anyway correct? This will just prevent it from doing this again right? Thanks for the help, I still cannot believe I missed that setting.

Thank you again. I had to reload it after all. I had to reload my PC from scratch about 2 weeks ago but besides that I only do updates I never do fresh installs. I know it was an oversight on my part. I usually just scan over the settings since most of them rarely need to be changed. I am glad I know that now so I will check it in the future.

Hi tentaro

Thanks for your feedback!

Nice to have talked to you!

Cheers

solbjerg

Thank you again. I had to reload it after all. I had to reload my PC from scratch about 2 weeks ago but besides that I only do updates I never do fresh installs. I know it was an oversight on my part. I usually just scan over the settings since most of them rarely need to be changed. I am glad I know that now so I will check it in the future.

Archived