IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Deleted my frequently visited pages

I created an account on this forum to specifically complain about the Advanced SystemCare v5. I installed it because there was a free promotion, but instead of "fixing" things it created more trouble for me.

I had been using Google Chrome for years and I have frequently visited pages displayed on the start page so that I could go to them quickly. Also, the browser is able to remember those sites so that once I click "g" in the address bar it will suggest "gmail" because I go there often. I have configured my browser in such a way that most sites I go to is within one keystroke or one click away.

However, on using the "fix" that Advanced SystemCare v5 offered, all those valuable info was deleted and my browser is back to its default state, with none of my pages remembered. This royally pisses me off. Now I have to reconfigure everything.

I tried to restore from backup, but only the registry settings and windows settings can be restored. I tried both but what pisses me off further is that having reset the windows setting even my start menu shortcuts are gone. Now I'm done with your POS software and I uninstalled it as quickly as I can.

Hi ngngokkiu

Please configure your settings to what you want to achieve.

A good idea is to read Usage of IObit Products (link in my signature)

Run the program manually the first couple of times and go through ALL the reported "problems" and place those you need to keep running in the ignore list - before running the fix.

In this instance you have probably in Privacy had it set to clean out Google Chrome.

Try going to the ASC restore center and restore the scan that Cleaned out Google Chrome.

Cheers

solbjerg

I created an account on this forum to specifically complain about the Advanced SystemCare v5. I installed it because there was a free promotion, but instead of "fixing" things it created more trouble for me.

I had been using Google Chrome for years and I have frequently visited pages displayed on the start page so that I could go to them quickly. Also, the browser is able to remember those sites so that once I click "g" in the address bar it will suggest "gmail" because I go there often. I have configured my browser in such a way that most sites I go to is within one keystroke or one click away.

However, on using the "fix" that Advanced SystemCare v5 offered, all those valuable info was deleted and my browser is back to its default state, with none of my pages remembered. This royally pisses me off. Now I have to reconfigure everything.

I tried to restore from backup, but only the registry settings and windows settings can be restored. I tried both but what pisses me off further is that having reset the windows setting even my start menu shortcuts are gone. Now I'm done with your POS software and I uninstalled it as quickly as I can.

Archived