IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare 3 (Still Won't Start)

atailor1

Hi Guys, I'm back again and still have the same problem as previously posted. Downloaded ASC3 and all goes well, until you try and run. For some unknown reason, all of a sudden after a couple of years of updates and no problems can't get ASC to open. Have uninstalled using Revo, then gone back searched for all leftover files and folders and started from scratch (reinstalled) still no luck. Program is creating a folder designated F and everything is placed there. I can open and run memory cleaner, defrag, et al., but ASC balks everytime. I can uninstall as stated above, and reinstall V2 and it works like a champ. This morning I decided to reboot in safe mode, after saving ASC3 to the desktop and guess what happend? it installed and ran with nary a problem one. Can I have an Amen!!. Rebooted, shortcut for program on desktop, click to run and nothing (so much for the Amen). Now I never claimed I was the brightest bulb in the pack, but this has me stumped. How about putting your collective heads together and pointing me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Hi atailor

Sorry to hear it, must be a pain in the butt!

I don't remember if we have touched upon this, but did you unblock the program?

What firewall do you have? Have you made ASC one of the exceptions?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Guys, I'm back again and still have the same problem as previously posted. Downloaded ASC3 and all goes well, until you try and run. For some unknown reason, all of a sudden after a couple of years of updates and no problems can't get ASC to open. Have uninstalled using Revo, then gone back searched for all leftover files and folders and started from scratch (reinstalled) still no luck. Program is creating a folder designated F and everything is placed there. I can open and run memory cleaner, defrag, et al., but ASC balks everytime. I can uninstall as stated above, and reinstall V2 and it works like a champ. This morning I decided to reboot in safe mode, after saving ASC3 to the desktop and guess what happend? it installed and ran with nary a problem one. Can I have an Amen!!. Rebooted, shortcut for program on desktop, click to run and nothing (so much for the Amen). Now I never claimed I was the brightest bulb in the pack, but this has me stumped. How about putting your collective heads together and pointing me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Advanced SystemCare 3 (Still Won't Start)

Hi Solbjerg, Thanks for your prompt reply. In answer to your questions, I did unblock program as suggested. Firewall is Comodo, set to safe mode, have gone as far as setting ASC in trusted software vendors and define trusted applications, but still no go. This would almost be funny if it were'nt so "TANJ" (There Aint No Justice) frustrating.

Hi atailor1,

Addition to solbjerg, can you please give us more info of your OS, virus security, process protection, etc.

I have read all of your 10 posts, and couldn't configure out any of those, apart from using Secunia PSI, My Uninstaller, Revo Uninstaller, and ofcourse AWC2.

Did it start with the first installation of AWC 3 Betas or ASC RCs?

If I have read correctly, once you mention of a new release of ASC RC4, in the same post, you say that you have a problem with RC3!!!

It seems to me a permission problem.

One thing is very weird, when you say ASC 3 folder is created but as "F". I don't understand that. Can you supply a screenshot please?

Let's see if we can be of any help to you.

Cheers.

EDIT : This is posted without seeing your post above but still valid.

Hi Enoskype and Icy Frost, appreciate your trying to come to my rescue. Operating system is Windows XP sp3, avast anti-vir, comodo firewall, also run CC, and use Revo to uninstall programs. Never had any problems in the past with installing or uninstalling the Iobit programs. Just as a point of reference I just uninstalled ASC3 (again), went and found myself a download of Advanced WindowsCare 2, version2.8.6.859 and it installed with no problem, ran scan after install, all good. Guess for the time being I just stick with what I can get and keep playing around till I find a solution. A few things that I don't understand is where the folder F that ASC3 keeps installing to is coming from. When you open folder it simply shows all the componenets of the program, and even though you can't get ASC to run, all of the supplemental components run just fine. When I booted into safe mode and installed ASC it opened and ran as usual, but when I rebooted to normal operating mode, I was right back to ASC not opening. Side note to Icy, I did try to run as administrator with the same results. Will not be back to check posts, till late tomorrow, as I have to do the work a day grind. Again thanks to all for lending a helping hand and even if we don't figure this one out, I'll still be checking in once a day to see what you are all up to.

Hi atailor1,

Can you check changing the name of the folder "F" where ASC 3 is installed to exactly "Advanced SystemCare 3". (still waiting for a screenshot of the folder F (C:\Program Files/F))

BTW, you can find the download link for the last release of AWC 2 (2.90) in the News & Offers section here , but AWC2 does not update the database files.

Hi atailor

Enoskype has asked about the F folder - where is it placed?

If you take the properties of the exe file, what does it say the address is?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg, Thanks for your prompt reply. In answer to your questions, I did unblock program as suggested. Firewall is Comodo, set to safe mode, have gone as far as setting ASC in trusted software vendors and define trusted applications, but still no go. This would almost be funny if it were'nt so "TANJ" (There Aint No Justice) frustrating.

Hi Guys, back again. PROBLEM IS FIXED repeat PROBLEM IS FIXED!!!!!. Went into the infamous folder F, (sorry for no screenshot, but for some reason I was having a problem getting that to cooperate), I digress, right clicked AWC, went to properties, deleted AWC and retyped AWC.exe, placed new short cut on desktop, deleted shortcut installed by program install, click on new short cut and we were in business. Thanks to all of you who responded with helpful suggestions. I can truly say that we have one of the best forums on the web, with folks who show a lot of patience and concern for those who post. Folks at Iobit should give you guys more credit for the time and effort you expend. THANK YOU ALL!!!

Hi atailor

Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad you got that somewhat weird problem solved.

And thank you very much for your appreciation.

There are many kind souls on our forum

samr fx. who do a great job in the background with keeping the forum free of spam (and may I add in a very considerate and polite way).

enoskype who gives well researched answers to problems (great job)

and a host of others that offers suggestions and their experience on many subjects.

Recently we have seen detailer that finds great links for us all.

It would be a very long list if I should mention all, but to all a heartfelt THANK YOU!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Guys, back again. PROBLEM IS FIXED repeat PROBLEM IS FIXED!!!!!. Went into the infamous folder F, (sorry for no screenshot, but for some reason I was having a problem getting that to cooperate), I digress, right clicked AWC, went to properties, deleted AWC and retyped AWC.exe, placed new short cut on desktop, deleted shortcut installed by program install, click on new short cut and we were in business. Thanks to all of you who responded with helpful suggestions. I can truly say that we have one of the best forums on the web, with folks who show a lot of patience and concern for those who post. Folks at Iobit should give you guys more credit for the time and effort you expend. THANK YOU ALL!!!

Archived