support external hdd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• support external hdd

just wondering will the new version of smart defrag. defrag external HDD??

Hi buckoo,

This is Cicely from IObit. Welcome to our forum.

Smart Defrag supports unencrypted external HDD now. Did it fail to recognize your external HDD?

Cheers!

IObit Support Team --
    If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

it didnt detcet the external. i downloaded a diffrent defrag program & that deceted it

Comment

Hello buckoo,

Is it an encrypted external disk? If not, please help us to look into the issue.

And to look into the issue, please download the tool from: http://testdemo.iobit.com/SD5InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

IObit Support Team --
        If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

no its not encrypted. IObit_Debug_Info.zip

Comment

Hello buckoo,

Thank you for your time.

Here is a new demo our engineer worked out to look into the issue.
            http://wikisend.com/download/222614/SD5_SDDISK_DEMO.zip

1.Please download it from the above link.

2.Exit Smart Defrag and unzip and it. Click "Fix Error".

3. Then plugin the external disk. Launch Smart Defrag after the external disk is recognized by system.

4. Run the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/SD5InfoHelper.exe again.

5. Also let me know the Driver Letter ( as C, D, E.)

6.Furthermore, tell us which partition failed to be recognized.

Waiting for your reply.
            IObit Support Team --

Comment

it was E: drive and only 1 partition was on there. but after doing the steps it seems to have fixed it. smart defrag detected E:

Comment

oh hang on. i spoke to soon. soon as i tried to defrag the drive. smart defrag crashed IObit_Debug_Info.zip

Comment

Hello buckoo,

Could you please send us a screenshot for it?

Waiting for your reply.
                  IObit Support Team --

Comment

seems to be working now. after i restarted the computer. but it didnt detect the drive first off. i had to exit smart defrag & open it again & then it found the drive. its now doing a defrag

Comment

Working...
                    X