IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 6 beta disables windows update

philbee

hi. i am trying out asc 6.0 beta 1.1, and i find for some unknown reason it disables windows 7 automatic updates. is this a beta bug? any optimization i run, whether "basic", or any of the other options and windows auto updates are still disabled. hopefully this will not be a problem in the final version.

other than that, i find asc 6.0 to be a brilliant program. Iobit has hit the jackpot with this one!

also, i still have a license for the pro version of 5.0. will that license work when 6.0 comes out of beta? or will i have to purchase another license even if my current license is still valid?

thank you for your time, and have a pleasant day.

i was able to solve the problem by restoring every backup asc made, turning the optimization setting to "Basic", and just doing a basic optimization. i think i'll just leave it on "Basic" until the release version comes out.

i am still wondering if i will be able to use my current license for the pro version of asc 5 when asc 6 is out of beta.

hi. i am trying out asc 6.0 beta 1.1, and i find for some unknown reason it disables windows 7 automatic updates. is this a beta bug? any optimization i run, whether "basic", or any of the other options and windows auto updates are still disabled. hopefully this will not be a problem in the final version.

other than that, i find asc 6.0 to be a brilliant program. Iobit has hit the jackpot with this one!

also, i still have a license for the pro version of 5.0. will that license work when 6.0 comes out of beta? or will i have to purchase another license even if my current license is still valid?

thank you for your time, and have a pleasant day.

Do you happen to have turbo boost on? That can sometimes disable windows update until you turn it off.

Hi philbee,

I am positively sure that you will be able to use your valid license of ASC5 for ASC6 untill the expity date, after ASC6 passes the Beta2 phase.

It has always been like that with all products of IObit.

For the WU, jamcat22 has a point!

Welcome to IObit Forum jamcat22! :grin:

Cheers.

Hi philbee,

I am positively sure that you will be able to use your valid license of ASC5 for ASC6 untill the expity date, after ASC6 passes the Beta2 phase.

It has always been like that with all products of IObit.

For the WU, jamcat22 has a point!

Welcome to IObit Forum jamcat22! :grin:

Cheers.

thank you! i am still having trouble with asc 6 disabling windows update, whether turbo boost is on or off. other than that it is a good program and i look forward to it coming out of beta.

hi. i am trying out asc 6.0 beta 1.1, and i find for some unknown reason it disables windows 7 automatic updates. is this a beta bug? any optimization i run, whether "basic", or any of the other options and windows auto updates are still disabled.

Hi philbee,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

After you run System Optimization, please try to undo the changes made by ASC in the Rescue Center to see how it works.

Please find the logs and backups in Settings->Logs & Backups ->Open Log Folder and send them to us so that we can look into the issue.

Thanks for your help.

Archived