IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Internet stopped working after running ASC pro 5

Slipe

Hello. The title pretty much tells you what my problem is, but I'll go into a bit more detail:

I bought myself a copy of ASC Pro 5 yesterday, and run a deep care + internet booster. Everything worked great, for several hours (until I went to sleep).

Wake up, turn on my computer, try and check if I have any messages on Skype -- DENIED. It won't connect. Same thing goes for Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. I visited NO sites I don't trust, and did nothing out of the ordinary - save running ASC Pro. Internet still says it is "connected", but no programs are able to use it.

Ran a virus scan, restarted our modem, and cursed out loud multiple times (aswell as the obvious - restarting the computer, and even using the ASC Pro "Rescue" utility to rollback the changes. Even used windows rollback to the evening of 4.8.

So, what do you recommend I do? Rollback further?

E: Also, computers in the same network that ran ASC Pro deep care but NOT internet booster still have perfectly functioning internet connections. The next rollback would be for 30.7 - meaning I would most likely a lot of updates for different software/games. Running virusscan on the PC with connection issues as I write this message.

Hi Slipe... welcome to the Iobit forums!

I don't think any prior restore point will help you with this (intuition).

I am curious if this is the first time you had run the PRO version on the other machines as well?

Please verify that the only difference is that you ran this tool from the toolbox on the one affected machine:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10295&d=1344267507

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10296&d=1344267899

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived