IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What Are the Steps To Uninstall Defrag?

mul211

Hello mul211

If you haven't already deleted the program (which program by the way), it should be located in add/delete programs in the controlpanel.

I am assuming that you have a normal setup in your computer.

I am also assuming that you are running the computer as administrator.

If it is only that you cannot delete the left over folder, it is probably because the program is running in the background and you have a display of it in the system tray, close that and you should be able to delete the leftovers.

Cheers

solbjerg

I don't see the program come up in control panel add / delete section. When I try to delete the .exe folder it says I need permission or the program is in use.

What are the exact steps to delete it ? Thanx in advance.

uninstall

mul211-don't take this as Gospel,but I would try this-use your search function to locate the app-make sure you choose the option to include hidden files and folders (though I don't believe it gets it's hooks into windows-if that is your OS)=from there you should be able to delete each file-I find it seems to go better if you elect to first "open the containing folder and then choose delete from that point=if you choose properly. the first one or two could take them all-as attempting to delete "out of order" could fail-seems as though one file can't go because it's linked to another-experience has taught me to save the "short-cut" for last -if not you could wait until one of our more computer savy members weighs in on the issue-great day and God bless-Detailer

Archived