IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Pop Up Blocker no way to turn off?

EagleMark

been installing ASC on 100's of computers we refurbish and give away so I thought I would use it on my own machine. Big mistake!

During install there is no way to get around the forced IO Bit toolbar so I just turned it off, it's a horrible waste of monitor spoace on a laptop. I also used your UnInstaller to remove it.

Now my browser is incapable of opening a link. Microsoft has it tracked back to the removal of your toolbar.

So 6 hours of frustration and I still have a worthless IE, no way to even send an email.

How can I fix this so my IE9 will work agaiN?

Re-installing IE 9 does not work.

The problem occured when I used the IO Uninstaller to un-install the IO toolbar. Seems to be a common problem with google toolbar which I never installed, I never install toolbars.

System recovery has given me back the use of IE 9.

I did reinstall ASC, Smart defrag and the uninstaller and there is a way to install without the toolbar. All is working fine now.

Not funny how one click can cost you 6 hours...

Either do not install IO toolbar or disable it. Do not uninstall it!

EDIT: It did not kill the IE 9 browser. It just disabled pop ups even when IE was set to allow pop ups.

Thanks for the great Info and clarifications.

Glad to hear you have it Fixed ! :-D

Yes, I have grown to Hate Add-on Toolbars! :evil:

So many of the software companies are sneaking those in, to make a little money and distroy their popularity.

Archived