IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

updating

hi comit

I would throw it out. And then download AWC version 2.9 from enoskypes post in News and offers: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1270

If you have not experienced any trouble with the previous versions you should be able to just Install it. I would unblock it first though!

If you have had trouble, I would make a totally clean install.

Cheers

solbjerg

i am trying to update advanced windows care 2 personal from 2.7.2.850 version to the new 2.90 version . the downloaded file is awcsetup.1.2DOD17(1).efw now how do i open this file?? thank you for any help.

hi comit

Do you mean that the file you downloaded from enoskypes post is a file with the extension .efw?? It ought to be a .exe file!! and it should have been a quite different name too!

I suspect foul play - a possible virus in that .efw file.

Delete it! And throw it out!

From which site did you download?

Cheers

solbjerg

have done as suggested but am still not able to open the downloaded file. what is this efw file?? is it the same as an exe file?? what else can i do??

Download it from MajorGeeks.

Disable your Computer Associates security software before downloading, most probably it is changing it.

If not, check the size, if it is the same, change it to .exe and try.

Installation phase will reveal if it is AWC. If not, do not install.

Cheers.

I have now tried to duplicate it, but both downloads is now in my downloads folder and looking as they shall, ready to be installed if someone I know wants them.

download.com was quite a bit faster than was majorgeeks.

Cheers

solbjerg

OK, but there were two site for the personal version

majorGeeks and download .com

Cheers

solbjerg

the name on the files ought to be AWCSetup.exe from download.com and AWCSetup_major.exe from majorgeeks.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have now tried to duplicate it, but both downloads is now in my downloads folder and looking as they shall, ready to be installed if someone I know wants them.

download.com was quite a bit faster than was majorgeeks.

Cheers

solbjerg

updating awc personal file

to solbjerg and company,

thank you for your suggestions. tried one more time from your suggested sites and finally got a good exe file. and it is the new 2.9 version. i still dont know what this .efw is. once again thank you.:-D

updating

Comit2-try this-open control panel-select folder options-click on the view tab-scroll down to hide extensions for known file types-this box should be checked-if not, check it and try another download to see if it appears as .exe file let me know what happens-great day and God bless

hi comit

Compressed .zip or executable .exe file renamed by CA Security Centre to have a ".efw" extension; typically applies to e-mail attachments scanned by Computer Associates (CA) antivirus software.

EFW zipped files may be opened by changing the file extension to ".zip" and opening the file with a decompression utility, fx. WinZip.

Executable files may be run directly by changing the file extension to ".exe" and opening the file.

Be very careful: Do not open unknown e-mail attachments from non-trusted sources, - they may contain viruses or other malicious programs.

Cheers

solbjerg

to solbjerg and company,

thank you for your suggestions. tried one more time from your suggested sites and finally got a good exe file. and it is the new 2.9 version. i still dont know what this .efw is. once again thank you.:-D

Archived