IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Pin to start menu?

rscramstad

• 2 months later...

Hi rscramstad,

I don't know if you have returned to the forum as of late, or whether this posting will be of any help or not, but here goes. . .

Until we get the real McCoy (i.e. Pin to Start Menu in the context menu of the All Programs menu) while using Start Menu 8 here are a few Pin to Start Menu workarounds:

1) by dragging and dropping an icon/shortcut onto the Start Button

2) by using Pin to Start Menu via right clicking on any of the Frequently used programs that are already showing on the start menu

3) by adding the Programs folder shortcut to the SendTo folder, and then send the desired item to the start menu via "Send to" of the context menu. (And of course the context menu is found via the Desktop, Windows Explorer, the All Programs menu, etc..)

On my machine, the Programs and SendTo folders are located here:

C:\Users\<the users name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\

C:\Users\<the users name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\

However do note that by using any of the above workarounds it will not only pin that item to the Start Menu, but also add it to the top of the All Programs menu; and if you remove/delete it from the top of the All Programs menu it will also be removed from the Start Menu location as well. (If/when unpinned from the Start Menu, it too will be removed from the top of the All Programs menu.)

regards,

Laurence

Archived