IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC muck up issue

lethal

Hi, Not sure if this is the place to post this, however other appropriate sections of the forum appear closed.

I have a problem with the current and last version of ASC free. This problem only occured in expert mode in the prior version.

After running a scan, next day reboot, a system check and defrag is started (unless aborted, and sometime cannot be aborted), this takes quite some time and results in a 'blue screen' each time.

On reboot windows repair is started which also takes sometime and seems to address/fix nothing.

In the current version is this defrag optional (as it appears not), and what the hec is causing this?

I recall when using ASC with windows xp (win 7 currently) similar non-configurable issues occured. All of which severely impact the apps reputation.

There is probably a simple check box or hopefully some other easy way to address this...and look forward to heraing same, or clarification request.

regards

lethal

Lethal

Please clarify. When you scan is it the simplified scan or the expert mode scan.

Do you have Smart Defrag installed on your PC.

Check your ASC 6 settings and see what the defragment settings are..i.e if you have selected to defrag when the fragments exceed a certain %. If this is set too high it may be causing the issue.

Aslo, disable Deep Clean in the Registry Fix.

It is very important to go through all the settings and set them to suit your needs.

Hi lethal, nice to see you in the forum! :grin:

First of all, please adjust the fragmentation level percentage (%) you want ASC defragmentation to defrag your system hard disk @:

Settings => Care => Disk Defragment => Run when fragments exeed : ?

So, your disk will only be defragmented if the fragmentation exeeds the defined percentage.

Secondly, open Expert mode user interface, choose Care, and untick Disk Defragment if you want ASC not to scan for fragments and not to defragment your disk.

If you don't want ASC to Scan your Disk for the integrity of your system files, untick Disk Scan on the same GUI.

Disk Scan is using chkdsk and chkdsk /F function of Windows, so if it starts doing that when Windows start, then there is somthing wrong with the integrity of your system files.

I suggest to Run... elevated Command Prompt command of chkdsk /F.

Cheers.

EDIT : Posted without seeing your post Scannan.

Archived