IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Regisrty Cleaner Results help

mats2332

Hey,

I ran the registry cleaner in ASC6 Pro, got the results and fixed them. Everything worked great. On a hunch from other registry cleaners in the past, I ran it again right after. A fraction of the results compared to the first scan came up. I fixed them with no problem as well. I ran the scan 4 more times, fixing each time, and getting less and less in the results.

Correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't the results come up with nothing after the first one if everything was "fixed correctly" (which it said it did)?

I have the results down to 6 deep scan items, and have ran it 3 more times now, fixing each time, but still have the same 6 after each scan. Please advise.

Hi mats2332

Firstly, stop cleaning the registry.

Secondly, go into ASC Settings and disable Deep Clean in Registry Fix. It should not be used for normal operations. It is only required for more difficult issues, and should be used by users who are familiar with the registry.

No, the registry should not be completely clean after you do a clean and then scan again. Every time you perform a task on your pc, entries are written to your registry. So the very act of running a scan creates an entry in the registry.

If you keep scanning and cleaning, you are going to cause serious issues on your machine. So, you run the registry cleaner, do the repair and move on. Check your performance monitor and if it says healthy, then be happy with that. You can also set your Auto Care to keep your machine in top condition withput having to manually run scans and cleaning.

The registry is a critical part of your system and should be treated with care.

Archived