IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Internet Explorer 9 issue

lrg51

I ran into an odd kind of thing with IE9.

When Advanced System Care scans and cleans up... the home page on IE9 is reset from my preferred page to MSN.COM.

A colleague of mine and I both tested this incident the past week by uninstalling ASC, running a different scan/cleanup tool, reinstalling ASC, uninstalling ASC and Reinstalling ASC, etc. Tried this at least 6-7 times.

This incident only occurs when ASC scans and cleans. Any solutions how to correct this issue?

lrg51

You have gone to a lot of trouble to identify this issue. You could have saved yourself a lot of hassle, by going into the settings of ASC and looking at the settings options available in both Privacy Sweep and Junk Files Clean. You will find that you can decide which items you wish to be scanned and which to be ignored. In Privacy Sweep you will see options specific to IE and also other Browsers and windows applications.

If you are using Auto Clean, then you must also select the options you want within the settings.

Some additional advice. Check your Registry Fix settings, and ensure that Deep Clean is disabled. It is unnecessary for normal Operation and can create issues for users who are not well versed in Registry functions.

Also, go through all your ASC settings and become familiar with them.

lrg51

You have gone to a lot of trouble to identify this issue. You could have saved yourself a lot of hassle, by going into the settings of ASC and looking at the settings options available in both Privacy Sweep and Junk Files Clean. You will find that you can decide which items you wish to be scanned and which to be ignored. In Privacy Sweep you will see options specific to IE and also other Browsers and windows applications.

If you are using Auto Clean, then you must also select the options you want within the settings.

Some additional advice. Check your Registry Fix settings, and ensure that Deep Clean is disabled. It is unnecessary for normal Operation and can create issues for users who are not well versed in Registry functions.

Also, go through all your ASC settings and become familiar with them.

Thank you. Still learning the software. I appreciate your advice. Thanks again.

Archived