IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag opens a blank window

Working with an Lenovo ThinkPad running XP Pro SP3

I have installed and run SD on several machines over the last few years, but this one exhibits the following odd behavior.

Whenever I start SD, I get a blank white area in the upper left corner of the screen. IT takes up about 20% of the screen. There is no text, no borders, no header... just totally white.

So far, all I have been able to do is let SD finish... then close SD and reboot the machine... and it boots up without the white area.

When I have the need to run SD again, the white area pops up again.

Suggestions as to how I can prevent the white area are appreciated.

Tomster2

Hi Tomster

Have you by any chance tried the Clean Install procedure?

(Link to description of that procedure in my signature)

Cheers

solbjerg

Working with an Lenovo ThinkPad running XP Pro SP3

I have installed and run SD on several machines over the last few years, but this one exhibits the following odd behavior.

Whenever I start SD, I get a blank white area in the upper left corner of the screen. IT takes up about 20% of the screen. There is no text, no borders, no header... just totally white.

So far, all I have been able to do is let SD finish... then close SD and reboot the machine... and it boots up without the white area.

When I have the need to run SD again, the white area pops up again.

Suggestions as to how I can prevent the white area are appreciated.

Tomster2

Mel,

No relation between this user and the other thread.

Solbjerg

Have not tried the clean install procedure. But can do that. SmartDefrag does the defrag as desired, but we just end up with this white window like a message is popping up... but no message in the popup.

Thanks for taking time to create the threads in your signature for this and other issues.

Sounds like this is a new issue. Will try the clean install and report back... but the machine is out of the country at the moment.

Thanks.

Archived