IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Copyright Infringement of AWC

Clayton

Hi everyone,

After being informed by a user, Tim has told me that there is a website called winof.com that is selling a product called RealCare. This is an exact copy of AWC with a few changes in the graphical interface and an older version at that.

Help bring this criminal down in any way you can. I really can't imagine that someone could be so desperate as to try something like this. I smell a lawsuit.

hi clayton

i cant belive it how someone can do something like that to you guys thats bad i feel so bad for tim who worked so hard to make an outstanding program for the computer i hope you find the people who copyed it it wasent right what they did good luck on finding them again take care clayton and tim

Real Care

I have noticed that real care is now listed on download.com (0 downloads so far). I did email Cnet editor and recommend that they take a closer look at the program. Mabye if they get enough emails about it, the may research the program a little more (hint!) Did this to some other sites that had it. Mabye they will look at them a little closer and form their own opinion.

I checked out the website. How cheesey! Nearly every page link takes you right back to the "buy it" page. They didn't even try to be pro about it. Most of their links take you to download sites that don't even have them listed!

Anyone have any other ideas on how to get word out on this?

samr.

Apart from piracy, the so called program puts microsoft in Infection Defence list, hotmail.com, msn.com, passport.com in Webset Defence list, Live.com, hotmail.com, msn.com, WindowsMedia cookies in Cookie Defence list.

I don't know but his may be used by IObit people to triger something.

We need some guidance to be helpful to IObit Team.

enoskype

real care

Yes- please do a review on CNet! So far there are four reviews telling everyone it is stolen and one with3 stars that is not a review at all but a spam link to NOWHERE! (I wonder who might have posted it? hmm..)

Buy the way Tim, I love your English. It makes me very angle also! ((chuckle!)) (Just teasing you. We are behind you all the way!)

samr.

I tried the website and could not get it. However, the alternate link to download from the Author's website is still working! I guess next step is to keep working on CNet to remove it. It is other places but that is the big one.

samr.

Edited: I did complain about the one review on CNET that gave Real Care 3 stars that was actually a spam link. They have now removed the review and put it down to a 1 star. Maybe we can get it off completely.

At 1900 hours (GMT+2), the web site was still accessible and the file was downloadable.

Now, at 2300 hours (GMT+2)at the end the web site is off.

The page has the following sentence:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Well done everybody, I am very glad with the result.

enoskype

I have just received a reply from CNET.

Response from CNET support (Art) 02/09/2007 12:12 PM

Hi Simon,

Thank you for taking the time to write us and thanks for the heads up about RealCare.

I'm sending your comments onto our product management team to handle. They manage the product database and will verify that the links and product information are accurate and meets our standards of quality.

Again, we appreciate your help for bringing this to our attention.

Sincerely,

Arturo

Membership Support

CNET Membership & Loyalty

So it looks like they are taking it seriously and will hopefully remove RealCare from their site.

Thanks everyone! Thanks for all your help and support! The false product "RealCare" will have no effect to us. You can check out its traffic via Alexa. It has less than 5 visitors everyday, but we have over 15,000. Now the website is down and many download website has removed it.(I don't know who did it, but I want to say "thanks" to you.)

Now I have no time deal with this annoying thing as the website is off now. So all of you can just enjoy our "genuine" product. ^V^[/code]

I suppose that this incident shows that Iobit have a very good product when some moron wants to rip it off!

Also when users of the product stand up against the inferior clone says a lot for the product!

Thanks again Tim and it is good to see you can get back to the project.

• 1 month later...

Archived