IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 together with ASCU 6?

Hello,

I read in your ads that ASCU can work alongside other major antiviruses and now I have it on my netbook together with KIS 2013, and have no problem so far. Both are providing real-time protection.

However while going through your forums, I found the post quoted below which alarms me. Am I right in using both antiviruses at the same time :?:

Many thanks for responding.

Hi kitty-h

You have posted in the Advanced Systemcare Ultimate 6, section of the forum, so I will assume your husband has purchased ASCU 6. I have to assume this, as there is no ASC version mentioned in your user profile.

ASCU is not the same as ASC 6 or ASC 5 as ASCU also includes an Antivirus Program. It is important to know this, as I see you already have another Antivirus installed, and running two antivirusprograms is not advised, as conflict can occur, and also you will have to decide which one you use for realtime protection, as only one can perform this task.

Your last post in Mar 22nd 2012, says that you had installed ASC 5 and everything was running fine. If this is the case, I cannot understand why you are reluctant to now install ASC.

If you do install ASC again, it is advised to disable Deep Clean, as it is unnecessary for normal operation, and should only be used by experienced users, who are familiar with the workings of the registry.

Hi jjbjolicoeur

Welcome to the forum. There is no need to be concerned. If your two antivirus programs are working away happily together, than you are fortunate. As with any advice given on the forum, it is primarily designed to assist users who are experienceing problems. It has been found that running two antivirus programs at the same time can create conflict difficulties, and hence the advice to only run one at a time. We also stress that there is no problem having more than one Antivirus program, but that only one should be used for realtime protection, and the other(s) should be used occasionally as an additional check.

Thank you, Scannan

Hello Scannan,

Thank you for responding. I have never done that before. I always use security software separately for I know they can conflict. I don't know if KIS would install if ASCU 6 had been installed before it.

In fact I was thinking of an instance where both antiviruses detected a threat at the same time and both tried to fight it...

I will allow both to work together for some time and see what happens. You are right to say that I am lucky having both programs working fine together.

Anyway I love the application and will surely use it for a long time. With KIS too it is a love story. Both are great and wonderful programs. I am happy to connect.

All the best,

THANK YOU!

Archived