IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

smart defrag

:-)

Hi hardwoodfloor

Really is a tough question - if your computer is really in a bad state or if it is absolutely filled up - it could take a very, very long time.

Can you make the windows defrag defragment it?

More info needed for a more precise answer!

Cheers

solbjerg

how long dose the first running of the program take approx.

Hi hardwoodfloor

You should try to make some more free space

Perhaps if you try to lower the percentage used for Windows System Restore files, they are as standard set at 12% and 5% is more than enough, - that's an easy 7% saved for free space right there.

Cheers

solbjerg

Well I defraged. the C drive and it finished fairly quickly only 10 percent free space I think. now I'm running the optomizer part

thanks for trying to help me

Free Space

hardwoodfloors69-you can also reduce the size of the recycle bin-run mine at @ 2%-also sounds like you need a clean up-maybe some things you could move to external drive or even flash stick-or maybe some things you don't use or need anymore-have you run the disk cleaner utility in windows?-from your start menu, you can go to all programs/accessories/system tools/disk cleanup-this will take a while to check(maybe 20-30min. in your case)-it will show you where you're heavy and give you an option to compress old files-only thing regarding compression is make sure you are virus free before you compress-95% of all security apps. are weak at detection in a compressed environment-hope this helps-great day and God bless

Archived