IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Used Startup Manager, now IE wont work

bish72

Ok, so I ran AWC and when it hit the "Start-Up" Manager area, I decided to "show details" to see what junk was loading with my system. I'm not sure what I selected or disabled, but now IE or Firefox wont connect to the internet. I still have connection as a Norton update was able to do downloads. When I open the startup manager now, I see a lot less programs there, but fear I may have deleted something I shouldn't have.

When I check out the "Run" folder of RegEdit, I see the same items there that appeared in the initial Startup Manger of AWC. How do I "get them back"? System Restores are not working as the computer does not restore these files even from restore points weeks ago.

Appreciate any help, thanks!

Hi bish72-if you have Win OS-use msconfig as a run command-under the general tab select normal start up(almost forgot-disable AWC right click on tray icon and select exit)after select normal start up, reboot pc-reopen through msconfig to see if change "stuck" go to startup tab and a list of all default services should appear-if any boxes are unchecked-check them and reboot again-let us know what happens-will go from there-great day and God bless

Archived