IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

locked out of computer after running

I recently purchased ASCU6 after being a long time free version user. The problem I'm having is after I ran ASCU6 it wanted to reboot which I did, now I can not get past the log in splash screen because my keyboard won't work. I have a new Logitech keyboard but went ahead and plugged my old one back in with same results. I even borrowed a friend's just to be sure. I can't use safe mode because nothing in any keyboard works including f8. I am completely locked out. I sent an email to support with no help given so hoping someone here may have an answer. This problem is on my older computer still running Windows xp. Thank you.

Hi ironmike

Do you have the possibility to use the mouse? Or does the computer not open at all?

If it opens you could try the chkdsk /r written in run and the restart the computer and see if this helps.

Cheers

solbjerg

I recently purchased ASCU6 after being a long time free version user. The problem I'm having is after I ran ASCU6 it wanted to reboot which I did, now I can not get past the log in splash screen because my keyboard won't work. I have a new Logitech keyboard but went ahead and plugged my old one back in with same results. I even borrowed a friend's just to be sure. I can't use safe mode because nothing in any keyboard works including f8. I am completely locked out. I sent an email to support with no help given so hoping someone here may have an answer. This problem is on my older computer still running Windows xp. Thank you.

F8 F10 F12

Hi Mike,

not sure which is the right F key, should be 1 of the 3 mentioned above dependant upon the make of your comp.

I would try all 3 with the old style keyboard

Remember to press and hold/repeatedly tap IMMEDIATELY on boot,

hopefully this will get you back to Last known good,

As a last resort i would turn on the computer let it boot and then pull the plug out and hope the built in windows backup for your computer shutdown unexpectedly please select option to boot when you plug it back in.

Roy

Archived