IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Downloaded and Installed Ultimate by mistake, now can't use freeware version [SOLVED]

Jackdashack

Downloaded and Installed Ultimate by mistake,

now can't use freeware version

I posted this on another forum within this forum and no answers. It's hard to believe no one has come across this or has a fix. Since posting the one below I went through the registry and deleted about 20 more files pertaining to IObit. Then went through it again and it showed no entries for IObit. I downloaded the free version and installed and it won't let me run it saying my trial is up and I have to pay. This is bunk! Is there no one that knows why this is happening. I guess it's time to go back to CCleaner. Here's the post below from several days ago.

I somehow, it's easy enough with all the clutter on webpages, downloaded the paid version. I was going to take it off but figured might as well run out the trial. When it was up I removed it. When I download the free version and load it, it still comes up as the paid version. So, frustrated, I have had to go back to Ccleaner. Now I'm getting pop ups it's time to upgrade Ultimate. Anyone got a clue what files are still on here stops a new fresh free version from installing as a free version?

Thanks for all help! jack ":-\

• 1 month later...

I ran into the same issue, it should really prompt you when you run out but it doesn't. The free version is the same file as the Ultimate version. To access the free version you have to uninstall Advanced System Care 6 in the control panel and it will ask if you want to convert to the free version instead. Do that and you're golden. You don't have to delete anything.

Hi Jackdashack,

Thank god that I saw your post this time. :wink: You know all the administrators, warmhearted users and I are trying our best to reply our users timely. However, please forgive, if we could not reply timely or even miss it. Because there are so many posts everyday. By the way, could you please send us the original link of your first post that no one answered? It should be the time for me to rethink why I missed it and

make a self-criticism. :oops:

For the issue you mentioned, thanks for Got your answer, he did just as what he named. :) Got your answer. You can try the way he mentioned. Or you can just click " Switch to Advanced SystemCare" at the bottom left of the popup you got.

The reason that you got the issue is because the 30 trial days of ASC Ultimate has ended. If you read the popup carefully, you can see the button " Switch to Advanced SystemCare". Just click it and everything will be fine. :wink:

Hi Jackdashack,

Thank god that I saw your post this time. :wink: You know all the administrators, warmhearted users and I are trying our best to reply our users timely. However, please forgive, if we could not reply timely or even miss it. Because there are so many posts everyday. By the way, could you please send us the original link of your first post that no one answered? It should be the time for me to rethink why I missed it and

make a self-criticism. :oops:

For the issue you mentioned, thanks for Got your answer, he did just as what he named. :) Got your answer. You can try the way he mentioned. Or you can just click " Switch to Advanced SystemCare" at the bottom left of the popup you got.

The reason that you got the issue is because the 30 trial days of ASC Ultimate has ended. If you read the popup carefully, you can see the button " Switch to Advanced SystemCare". Just click it and everything will be fine. :wink:

Cicely. I meant no harm or sarcasm. You don't need to flagelate yourself over my post. I was a little upset because I called iObit and instead of giving me the simple solution that Got Your Answer gave me, they told me to just buy the product. I won't get into all the reasons I am on a very tight budget but suffice, I'm over 60 and not working. So I try to do with "free" as I can. Somehow iObit is not always clear along the way of options when you divert from free to paid. Sort of stealthily. So I hope you are at ease. Again, I meant no harm. The agents at iObit has piss*d me off, but I should have not let it spill over into here. ":-0

Hi Jackdashack,

Thanks for your reply. :-D I just feel ashamed that I did not help you timely. :oops: But I am happy that the misunderstandings have been removed. So now do you have ASC Free? If you have not, you can download it from http://www.iobit.com/downloadcenter.php?product=advanced-systemcare-v6 directly. And it will uninstall your ASC Ultimate automatically when you install ASC.

By the way, do you want to have ASC Ultimate? If you want, please sned me a PM and I am happy to give you a license code for ASC Ultimate as a free gift. :-D

Do not be shy to send me the PM to get the free code.

Wish you happy and healthy. Cheers.:-D

And enoskype, thanks for supplying the link.

Hi Jackdashack,

Thanks for your reply. :-D I just feel ashamed that I did not help you timely. :oops: But I am happy that the misunderstandings have been removed. So now do you have ASC Free? If you have not, you can download it from http://www.iobit.com/downloadcenter.php?product=advanced-systemcare-v6 directly. And it will uninstall your ASC Ultimate automatically when you install ASC.

By the way, do you want to have ASC Ultimate? If you want, please sned me a PM and I am happy to give you a license code for ASC Ultimate as a free gift. :-D

Do not be shy to send me the PM to get the free code.

Wish you happy and healthy. Cheers.:-D

And enoskype, thanks for supplying the link.

I think I have tried several times to remove the paid ultimate, even going to the registry and removing all references to iObit and Advancedcare. Still, when I tried to install the free version somehow it was the paid version. But, I will try with the suggestions you make.

Thanks Jack ":-D

Cicely, if I uploaded this correctly this is what I see after logging off after re-installing the free version via the web link above provided. Then when I click on the icon on the desktop the program will not start. I'm not sure if that's what's not to happen or not. I should reboot, but at this time it won't even start from the desktop icon

[ATTACH]12706[/ATTACH]

So back to square one. I can't seem to find a way to return the free version. I sent you a PM as you suggested. Seems you have to click on this image above to enlarge it enough to view it. Thanks again! Jack ":-D

I apologize. I did get it to convert successfully this time ... somehow, I wasn't expecting it. I think I opened another un-install program to un-installed Advanced System Care 6 and at that time it gave me the option to convert to free. Now why didn't those guys on the phone just tell me that. Thanks to all. Jack ":-D

Hi Jackdashack,

Happy to hear everything is fine. :wink:

By the way, I have sent you a free license code for ASC Pro as a gift in PM. Please check it. Cheers. :wink:

How kind. Left one final pm and thanks so much. :grin: I hope I marked this SOLVED somewhere by you? I thought I had .. maybe that was another question on another forum. If there is a place for SOLVED or KUDOS please inform me ... anyone. Thanks!

Archived