IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag

hi fvos

I'll wager that you have it running in the background, stop the automatic defrag and then try again.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have tried to update Smart Defrag but at a certain stage I get an error message saying the update could not be completed because a Delete File Failed; code 5.

Need some advice re: this update issue.

Thanks....Fred

error 5

Hi Fred-code 5 simply means "this file is in use by another program"-Solbjerg is on the right track-if you see the icon in the tray,right click and choose exit-you can also check in Win task manager to insure it is not running-that should do it-but if not, one "sure-fire" way to install the app. is in safe mode-a bit extreme I know, but I have done so with success in regard to other utilities that were troublesome-let us know

hi fvos

Nice to hear!

One tends to forget the automatic functions - out of eye - out of mind,

I usually run the functions "by hand" when I think it is prudent.

Cheers

solbjerg

Many thanks to those who got back to me......following your advice...the update worked....Fred

Archived