IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Bring back PC Tools ?

parkd1

May be you guys a bring back a tool I use to use back in the 80s and early 90s. it was in a program called Pc Tools by Central Point before Symantec bought them and killed the program. Be great to have it format a disc, thumb drive, harddrive, and so on by putting the info on the device in memory format that part the write the info back to the device. I used to use the program a lot back in the day. Pc Tool was a great program before Symantec bought the company and killed it. I thought it was way better then the one that Symantec was putting out.

EDIT: I have moved this post here from "Send Your Feedback for Advanced SystemCare 7"

May be you guys a bring back a tool I use to use back in the 80s and early 90s. it was in a program called Pc Tools by Central Point before Symantec bought them and killed the program. Be great to have it format a disc, thumb drive, harddrive, and so on by putting the info on the device in memory format that part the write the info back to the device. I used to use the program a lot back in the day. Pc Tool was a great program before Symantec bought the company and killed it. I thought it was way better then the one that Symantec was putting out.

EDIT: I have moved this post here from "Send Your Feedback for Advanced SystemCare 7"

I was also a big fan of Norton Utilities which is now just a shell of what it was. Google JV16. It is the closest thing I found. I use it and like it.

I agree with you both. I used PC Tools when it was first released with Dos 3...(yes a long time ago).... I actually have the original 5.5 inch floppy disc on which it came along with all the original versions right through to OS 2.

PC Tools was ahead of the game as was another program called Xtree Gold, which was in my opinion the beginning of windows (at the time called shell)..then MS got hold of it and the slow decline to anarchy began.

I was also a big fan of Norton Utilities which is now just a shell of what it was. Google JV16. It is the closest thing I found. I use it and like it.

I never really used Norton Utilities. I thought Pc Tools was way better till it was bought and killed. Now it is just Norton Utilities witch if I remember right I not been really updated. I do use JV16 and think it is really. There is work on an update for JV16, Just do not know when it will be out. Would be great to see Xtree Gold back in ASC. This would make ASC much better. We can only hope.

Archived