IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Fonts are changing color

SilverBack

After running Advanced WindowsCare V2 Personal. I began to notice the color of fonts were changing from a solid black in color to a purple(ish). The shape of the font appears to be less than a solid?

I see it mostly on the browser pages. Although if the page is blue with white lettering the font appears normal. If the page is white the font is purple instead of solid black.

I do not see the font turn purple in applications like Word, Excel,or Publisher, except when I open a print window the fonts are purple intead of black.

Thanks

Hi SilverBack

Try reading this string; http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=128&highlight=color

Your problem has probably occured because you didn't configure the details of the System Setting, before hitting the Repair button.

Cheers

solbjerg

After running Advanced WindowsCare V2 Personal. I began to notice the color of fonts were changing from a solid black in color to a purple(ish). The shape of the font appears to be less than a solid?

I see it mostly on the browser pages. Although if the page is blue with white lettering the font appears normal. If the page is white the font is purple instead of solid black.

I do not see the font turn purple in applications like Word, Excel,or Publisher, except when I open a print window the fonts are purple intead of black.

Thanks

Moving On

You are probably correct about not configuring the details of the System Setting. I missed that one. Let me ask for clarification. Are we talking about System Settings in MS Windows or in Advanced WindowsCare?

I would like to correct my font color issue if possible. Couple of items I am dealing with. Since running AWC for the first time I have installed Microsoft Office 2007. The 1st restore point for AWC shows in Windows restore and not in the restore window in AWC. So when trying the restore the 2007 install was now unavailable. So I reversed the restore. All seems okay except the color font.

In the post you directed me to, the customer had the Pro version. I am using the person version. I have tried to run individual scans in AWC to follow the directions in the post you redirected me too but, would you be so kind as to be more directive in your explantion as how to undo the font color change?

Thank You

Hi Silverback

I was talking about the System details in AWC.

As for the colors

Try going to My Computer/right click/ choose properties/ choose the tab advanced, in the performance part click on the button settings and then choose "Let Windows choose the settings for your computer", click Ok and then when you try AWC again, - then configure the details especially under system, before hitting the Repair button.

Cheers

solbjerg

You are probably correct about not configuring the details of the System Setting. I missed that one. Let me ask for clarification. Are we talking about System Settings in MS Windows or in Advanced WindowsCare?

I would like to correct my font color issue if possible. Couple of items I am dealing with. Since running AWC for the first time I have installed Microsoft Office 2007. The 1st restore point for AWC shows in Windows restore and not in the restore window in AWC. So when trying the restore the 2007 install was now unavailable. So I reversed the restore. All seems okay except the color font.

In the post you directed me to, the customer had the Pro version. I am using the person version. I have tried to run individual scans in AWC to follow the directions in the post you redirected me too but, would you be so kind as to be more directive in your explantion as how to undo the font color change?

Thank You

Did it do the trick?

AND by the way in Office 2007 the standard font is "segoe" as far as I know.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Silverback

I was talking about the System details in AWC.

As for the colors

Try going to My Computer/right click/ choose properties/ choose the tab advanced, in the performance part click on the button settings and then choose "Let Windows choose the settings for your computer", click Ok and then when you try AWC again, - then configure the details especially under system, before hitting the Repair button.

Cheers

solbjerg

Followed Instructions

Hi I followed your Instruction and was unsuccessful. When running AWC after the first time I do not not believe I see the original list with those Items on itany more? I installed AWC on a second computer to see if I could follow the populated fields as they opened from each scan. Are all the window that AWC creates, in the help section for AWC? I think I am needing additional documentation to help me learn your application.

Note; On the second computer I can not access some of the Adobe applications like Flash and Reader.I am being asked to install these applications. ??????????????/

hi SilverBack

Suggestions please - not instructions :-)

Try right clicking on your desktop, choose properties, then choose the Tab Display (I think that must be it in English) 4th tab from the left :-)

and here refresh Windows XP layout even if it is shown - choose it again - accept and ok.

Let's see if that changes anything.

About the other computer - you must configure ALL details before hitting the repair button the first time you run AWC, the optimizing is trying to save resources and what you want to run must go into the ignore list BEFORE repairing.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi I followed your Instruction and was unsuccessful. When running AWC after the first time I do not not believe I see the original list with those Items on itany more? I installed AWC on a second computer to see if I could follow the populated fields as they opened from each scan. Are all the window that AWC creates, in the help section for AWC? I think I am needing additional documentation to help me learn your application.

Note; On the second computer I can not access some of the Adobe applications like Flash and Reader.I am being asked to install these applications. ??????????????/

Further Directions

Hello again, I apologize for my display of frustration and I thank you for your kind recognition.

I followed your first set of directions to the forth tab (Appearance) in the Display Properties window. I did not see Windows XP layout and then refresh as a selection (I am running Windows XP Professional 1st machine). I did try to adjust some the settings under Appearances in the Display Properties window; Windows and Buttons to XP style; Effects- “Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts” I changed it from clear to standard, there was no difference.

On the 2nd machine (I am running Windows XP home) I realized I did make my self clear. I did see the window open with the populated fields for the System Optimizer .I did send a number of files to the ignore list. It was the second time I had seen the populated field’s window in the System Optimizer and realized I was still very unfamiliar with the way the files were named and grouped. I was hoping that the next time I scanned the System Optimizer I would see the Populated fields window again. It appears that there is only one chance to accomplish the correct settings. I believe this is what brought my frustration to the surface.

To continue; I did manage to get my Adobe applications to work but only in my Windows Profile I have not been successful with the Adobe Flash player in my girlfriend’s, Windows Profile. I choose to reinstall the Adobe Flash player. I followed the problem solving directions from the Adobe site on how to trouble shoot installing Adobe Flash player. This worked for my Windows profile. It was not successful for my girlfriend’s, Windows Profile.

Note; I did install AWC in my profile. I do this for all installations. I ran AWC in my girlfriend’s profile just to see what would happen. It ran like it was the 1st time. Normally I would run the Utility programs from my profile and that would take care of both Windows Profiles (mine and my girlfriend’s). Does AWC, see my profile and my girlfriend’s profile as separate users and will AWC require both profiles to be scanned separately?

Hi SilverBack

I'll get back to you, - in the meantime try again my suggestion with appearence

Appearence: in the first box you can choose between layout type Windows classic or Windows XP layout or Standard (blue) try choosing Windows Xp layout, if it isn't that try the other option.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello again, I apologize for my display of frustration and I thank you for your kind recognition.

I followed your first set of directions to the forth tab (Appearance) in the Display Properties window. I did not see Windows XP layout and then refresh as a selection (I am running Windows XP Professional 1st machine). I did try to adjust some the settings under Appearances in the Display Properties window; Windows and Buttons to XP style; Effects- “Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts” I changed it from clear to standard, there was no difference.

On the 2nd machine (I am running Windows XP home) I realized I did make my self clear. I did see the window open with the populated fields for the System Optimizer .I did send a number of files to the ignore list. It was the second time I had seen the populated field’s window in the System Optimizer and realized I was still very unfamiliar with the way the files were named and grouped. I was hoping that the next time I scanned the System Optimizer I would see the Populated fields window again. It appears that there is only one chance to accomplish the correct settings. I believe this is what brought my frustration to the surface.

To continue; I did manage to get my Adobe applications to work but only in my Windows Profile I have not been successful with the Adobe Flash player in my girlfriend’s, Windows Profile. I choose to reinstall the Adobe Flash player. I followed the problem solving directions from the Adobe site on how to trouble shoot installing Adobe Flash player. This worked for my Windows profile. It was not successful for my girlfriend’s, Windows Profile.

Note; I did install AWC in my profile. I do this for all installations. I ran AWC in my girlfriend’s profile just to see what would happen. It ran like it was the 1st time. Normally I would run the Utility programs from my profile and that would take care of both Windows Profiles (mine and my girlfriend’s). Does AWC, see my profile and my girlfriend’s profile as separate users and will AWC require both profiles to be scanned separately?

Hi SilverBack,

Did you run the Flash Removal Tool before re-installing?

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157&sliceId=2

Also, I believe that in the registry repair, some hives will be common to each profile, but some are not (nature of the OS). This may be un-related, but I found quite some time ago that if I logged off my profile and on to my wife's, when I ran reg. scan on her profile I came up with several that should have only been on mine! This scared me, so before repairing I did some searching and found that on SOME XP machines (why only some I don't know), not all registry hives would be closed when logging from one profile to the other.Windows has a fix for this called the Profile Hive Cleanup Tool. Downloaded it and it fixed the problem.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1B286E6D-8912-4E18-B570-42470E2F3582&displaylang=en

samr.

great samr!!

Really good!

regards

solbjerg

Hi SilverBack,

Did you run the Flash Removal Tool before re-installing?

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157&sliceId=2

Also, I believe that in the registry repair, some hives will be common to each profile, but some are not (nature of the OS). This may be un-related, but I found quite some time ago that if I logged off my profile and on to my wife's, when I ran reg. scan on her profile I came up with several that should have only been on mine! This scared me, so before repairing I did some searching and found that on SOME XP machines (why only some I don't know), not all registry hives would be closed when logging from one profile to the other.Windows has a fix for this called the Profile Hive Cleanup Tool. Downloaded it and it fixed the problem.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1B286E6D-8912-4E18-B570-42470E2F3582&displaylang=en

samr.

Hi Solbjerg, I retried your suggestions. I tried moving around through all three choices in the Appearance window 1st applying; then OKaying. This did not affect the font color.

I was looking closer at the color of the font and it looks like it is two colors. A light shade of blue on top and a light red under the light blue. I do not know if this provides any clue!

hi SilverBack

Has the colour settings been changes in screen properties?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg, I retried your suggestions. I tried moving around through all three choices in the Appearance window 1st applying; then OKaying. This did not affect the font color.

I was looking closer at the color of the font and it looks like it is two colors. A light shade of blue on top and a light red under the light blue. I do not know if this provides any clue!

Color Settings

Hi Solbjerg, I went to the screen properties window under settings and checked the advanced section and looked through the settings I saw no changes form when I saw it about a 2 months ago. The colors on screen look okay and print projects appear to be the same as well. Just the specific location of fonts on the screen have been affected. The color of the font that I see in this box looks normal but the font listing the thred to this post is the problem.(IObit.com Forums>Lounge>Fonts are changing color)

Adobe Flash

Hi Samr, You are correct. I did not uninstall the Flash player befor reinstalling. I did try your suggestion and uninstalled with the Adobe unistaller and tried to reinstall after. I also tried the registry hive application. I did not have any success I could see.

About the Adobe Flash application I was looking in the Remove or Add programs window on another computer and noticed there was a Adobe plugin and the Flash application listed. I do not see the Flash plugin on the computer I have a issue with, although the Flash player will run in my profile and not my girl friends. Any thoughts.Thanks

Query; The latest version of AWC is out would it help if I just updated?

Archived