IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Gen: Heur. Krypt23 - currently quarantined

Just detected with ASC 6.1 and quarantined.

Iobit Malware Fighter v 2.1 finds no threat.

Do I leave in quarantine or remove? if s how?

LOG:

[FullScan2013082912]

DateTime=2013-08-27 14:42:19

29/08/2013 12:55:04: C:\Windows\Hewlett-packard\Cpudiags32.udm|DelFileAndBack=Gen:Heur.Krypt.23

Thanks.

Hi monsta ,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean that ASC Ultimate detected threats while IObit Malware Fighter did not? If so, please tell us the precise name about the threat to help us look into it. You know ASC Ultimate is specialized in anti-malware while IMF is specialized in anti-virus.

Thus, it is possible there is virus on your PC that ASC ultimate detect it.

If you have other issues, please feel free to tell us.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

Hi monsta ,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean that ASC Ultimate detected threats while IObit Malware Fighter did not? If so, please tell us the precise name about the threat to help us look into it. You know ASC Ultimate is specialized in anti-malware while IMF is specialized in anti-virus.

Thus, it is possible there is virus on your PC that ASC ultimate detect it.

If you have other issues, please feel free to tell us.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

Hi Cicely.

No , what Im saying is I ran ASC ultimate as standard, it detected the file, and quarantined it - ASC has done its job . My question is as - now it is in quarantine can I delete it -or do I leave it in qurantine?

I simply ran the Malware Fighter after (maybe I shouldnt even mention that).

as I said - the ASC log reads as follows:

LOG:

[FullScan2013082912]

DateTime=2013-08-27 14:42:19

29/08/2013 12:55:04: C:\Windows\Hewlett-packard\Cpudiags32.udm|DelFileAndBack=Gen:Heur.Kry pt.23

... and Enoskype you are correct 8-)

Thanks guys for your help. :?

Hi monsta,

It is up to you to keep them in Quarantine or delete them.

For example, I keep them in Quarantine for future references, but I could have deleted them also.

Keeping them in Quarantine also gives the chance to restore them in the future if you want to check ASCU for it's function of finding a virus. :idea:

BTW, I have moved your thread from Spyware-Malware Removal Help! section to Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 (HERE), as the file in question is quarantined by ASCU and it concerns Hewlett Packard, so not a wide spread virus infection.

In the above mentioned section, there is a special procedure and Malware Fighters need that procedure to be applied fully and other forum users can not reply there.

Please also update your Public Profile in the forum including ASCU and note if you are still using Norton A/V.

Cheers.

Archived