IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Using AWC made unwanted changes to his desktop reports

MacPeter

Hello,

I am new around here :D

I am from a French forum.

I am asking you a question on behalf of a French-speaking user who can't speak English.

Using AWC made unwanted changes to his desktop. He likes being in control of any kind of changes.

What is there to do?

Thanks for your answers

Hi,

Here are some unwanted changes:

1. desktop became blurred.

2. Impossible to identify any icon

3. impossible to read the "name" of any icon on the desktop.

4. Letters also blurred.

5. another user told me that with this software it's impossible to control whatsoever. In other words the user has no control over what's happening and that's no good.

It's a computer security sub-forum that's why we talk about such topics.

What I am going to tell those users?

I certainly haven't experienced any of these issues and I have been using AWC and Smart Defrag for several months now.

This sounds to me more like a virus rather than anything Iobit has done. I'm sure Tim and the other's will be able to comment further.

Although the first question I would ask is did your friends download AWC from the Iobit website?

Hi,

Here are some unwanted changes:

1. desktop became blurred.

2. Impossible to identify any icon

3. impossible to read the "name" of any icon on the desktop.

4. Letters also blurred.

5. another user told me that with this software it's impossible to control whatsoever. In other words the user has no control over what's happening and that's no good.

It's a computer security sub-forum that's why we talk about such topics.

What I am going to tell those users?

Oh, sorry to hear that. But I thikn it has nothing to do with Advanced WindowsCare. It is not so "powerful". But I have the same problem when I used Windows98 five years ago. The icons on the desktop looks blurred. The problem is caused by the icon cache, but forget how to resolve it, you can search for it by yourself.

I don't believe there are any changes that AWC could do would cause that either, but one way to find out is to click on the restore center at the top and restore the backups. If it was AWC it should fix it. If not, it probably wasn't AWC. You don't say what OS you have, but if it is XP you could do a system restore and see if it fixes it.

samr.

Hello,

Tim Xue wrote:

Oh, sorry to hear that. But I thikn it has nothing to do with Advanced WindowsCare. It is not so "powerful". But I have the same problem when I used Windows98 five years ago. The icons on the desktop looks blurred. The problem is caused by the icon cache, but forget how to resolve it, you can search for it by yourself.

Thanks for your answer.

A restore took care of the problem.

vk3xem wrote:

This sounds to me more like a virus rather than anything Iobit has done. I'm sure Tim and the other's will be able to comment further.

Thanks for your answer but it wasn't a virus. A system restore took care of the problem.

samr wrote:

I don't believe there are any changes that AWC could do would cause that either, but one way to find out is to click on the restore center at the top and restore the backups. If it was AWC it should fix it. If not, it probably wasn't AWC. You don't say what OS you have, but if it is XP you could do a system restore and see if it fixes it.

samr.

Thanks for your answer. You were perfectly right a system restore took care of the problem.

His computer is back to normal. I am waiting for the feeback from other users.

I've got just one question or suggestion left :D :

Could it be possible to give the user more control over the software? For the time being a user does not know what the software is doing and why.

Great! I'm glad the restore took care of it.

After you run a scan, if AWC is recommending to change something it will say (ex.- 3# ) problems found. In most catagories you can click on "see details". There are options you can check or un-check if you would not like to make those changes. It is also important to set up the Start up to uncheck programs you do not want to run at startup. If it finds some that you want to keep running you can right click and tell it to ignore these entries. It will not ask to correct them on the next scan. This is also true for system analysis and registry.You can tell it to ignore whatever you want. Also, if you are using the Pro you can set it up for different computer types and internet connections. This can turn on or off different services. If the scans turn off someting that causes you to have a problem, you can restore and on the next scan you can tell it to ignore it. Works pretty slick actually. You might take a closer look at "See details".

samr.

Archived