IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Disabled Features in ASC3 Beta

BrianZachary

First, I don't understand why Advanced SystemCare 3 Beta is being initialized as AWC3Beta, but that's just my own pet peeve.

Anyway, I was using that program for a long time from when it started and I was happy with it until a lot of the features were disabled in the last version I updated to. They are now only available in the paid version. Is there a reason for this? I mean, it doesn't make sense to me for a BETA program to be paid for. Who would pay money for a beta? How can anyone test features in a beta if they are disabled? Would someone please clear this up for me?

I ended up uninstalling the program and going back to using AWC Personal. It also has features disabled in the free version, but at least it isn't beta. I'd be willing to go back to ASC Beta if all the features were reenabled as they should be.

One thing I do miss from ASC is SmartRAM. It would be nice for SmartRAM to be a separate program instead of only being available through another program. Or is there a way to get SmartRAM as a "stand alone" program? SmartRAM is more convenient than RamBooster, which I have gone back to using, because it tells more by hovering over the icon and seemed to free up RAM better. I do miss it, but I am not going back to ASC just for that.

I'd appreciate any insight from anyone to any of these questions. Thanks in advance.

Hi Brian

Ok, again - I think it is good policy to download installation files to a folder

About SmartRam I think it would have worked to copy smartRam.exe from ASC folder and then paste it into the AWC folder. A year or so ago it was available as an .exe file you could place in AWC.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for trying, IcyFrostPyro. Why anyone would pay for a license for an unfinished program is beyond me, but whatever.

And thank you, detailer, for the links. I will try those suggestions.

Hi BrianZachary,

MemoryCleaner in AWC2 Personal is infact SmartRAM.

You can use Smart clean or Deep clean from taskbar icon.

BTW, I find it hard to understand the logic using AWC2 Personal instead of ASC 3 RC4 FREE. (RC4 is probably the last Release Candidate before Official, even mentioned as Beta in some places, it is not Beta anymore.)

It has much more functions, and believe me, has less bugs than AWC2.

C'mon, confess that you are not missing ASC's SmartRAM function only.:-D :razz:

I believe the Official version of ASC3 will not be different from RC4.

Cheers.

Thank you, solbjerg. I will look for that if I ever try ASC again.

Thank you, enoskype. I was able to start Memory Cleaner (SmartRAM) in AWC Personal. I didn't know that was in that program. I can't explain to you my logic why I went back to using AWC. I think the reason is because I was PO'ed when features and options that were available in the previous version of ASC were suddenly disabled. It was like going back to using AWC again, so why not actually go back to that program?

I understand some features are disabled in the free version, but they weren't in previous versions and when you take things away, it doesn't feel like a very nice thing to do. I would like to think that those of us who were willing to risk testing a beta program would be rewarded in some way, like maybe letting us continue using features that we had gotten used to.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Well Brian

I just tried it, and it didn't work, so you stick to your MemCleaner! :-)

cheers

solbjerg

Thank you, solbjerg. I will look for that if I ever try ASC again.

Thank you, enoskype. I was able to start Memory Cleaner (SmartRAM) in AWC Personal. I didn't know that was in that program. I can't explain to you my logic why I went back to using AWC. I think the reason is because I was PO'ed when features and options that were available in the previous version of ASC were suddenly disabled. It was like going back to using AWC again, so why not actually go back to that program?

I understand some features are disabled in the free version, but they weren't in previous versions and when you take things away, it doesn't feel like a very nice thing to do. I would like to think that those of us who were willing to risk testing a beta program would be rewarded in some way, like maybe letting us continue using features that we had gotten used to.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Archived