IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC7 on XP with Roxio software

computamedic

I have come across three different installations of ASC7 (free) on Dell Dimension PCs running Windows XP where a full scan with ASC creates an issue with the pre-installed Roxio CD Writer software where, on a reboot, the Roxio software attempts to re-install some required files and, to do so, requires the original installation disk.

Given that some of these machines are the best part of 10 years old there are some instances where the client cannot find the original CD and finds it difficult to cancel the pending installation. Many attempts to click the "Cancel" button does eventually work but it will re-occur on every re-boot until the original CD is inserted.

Every time the full ASC scan is done the problem is re-created.

Hi computamedic, nice to see you back in the Forum! :-D

Running Smart Defrag engine somehow spoils the integrity of some Roxico software. Specially boot time defrag of Perfect Disk.

I have brought that problem to the attention of IObit long time ago, but I see that no action is taken.

Try to untick Defrag checkbox before scan and repair and see if that changes the behavior.

Cheers.

I came across another client today where they are experiencing the same problem with Scansoft's Paperport.

I'm not convinced that the problem relates to the defrag as I rarely use that section of ASC although I do usually install Smart Defrag so it's possible the same issue could arise.

I'll try to do some more investigation and come up with a definitive cause.

computamedic

Please check your registry fix settings to see if Deep Clean is enabled. If it is, please disable it, and see if the issue persists.

Deep Clean is NOT enabled as these installations are using the free version of ASC - and Deep Clean is only enabled on Pro installations.

Archived