IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows 8.1 lags with black screen after sign in

duke69111

Hi All,

I love start menu 8, it's really helpful.

However since installing start menu 8 version 1.4 my computer lags with a black screen after signing in for at least 10 minutes or more. 10 minutes is all I have allowed it before restarting the computer. The mouse spins with a black background and I have to do Control Alt Delete and then sign out and restart the computer to get it working again. It's doing this to me on two computers and both of them are windows 8 .1.

If I remove start menu 8 version 1.4 I don't have this problem. Is this a known problem? Is there possibly a fix in the works?

Thanks for your help everyone.

Hi duke69111,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please follow the steps below to help us look into the issue:

1. Exit Start Menu 8 ( Right click the Start icon, and choose "Exit" on the right-click menu)

2. Open the installation directory of Start Menu 8 (Right click the desktop icon of Start Menu 8, and choose "Open file location" ). Find StartMenu_Index.exe there and rename it as StartMenu_Index_Old.exe

3. Run Start Menu 8 and test it to see whether the issue is solved or not.

Thank you for posting back.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi duke69111,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please follow the steps below to help us look into the issue:

1. Exit Start Menu 8 ( Right click the Start icon, and choose "Exit" on the right-click menu)

2. Open the installation directory of Start Menu 8 (Right click the desktop icon of Start Menu 8, and choose "Open file location" ). Find StartMenu_Index.exe there and rename it as StartMenu_Index_Old.exe

3. Run Start Menu 8 and test it to see whether the issue is solved or not.

Thank you for posting back.

I apologize for not seeing this reply sooner. I have made the change on both of the computers and will see if it still does it over the next week or so.

Thanks for helping.

Archived