IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problem Installing Smart Defrag 1.02

denber

hi denber

try following the recommendations in this thread post 1

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=509&highlight=prefetch

Cheers

solbjerg

I have SM 1.0- when I try to install 1.02 I get "DeletFile Failed:Code 5" on two lines namely"Iobit SmartDefrag.exe" and "Iobit SmartDefrag\taskdll.dll" and it will not install and keeps going back to Version 1.0 Any help please

Thank-you Solbjerg-and, as has been posted on numerous occasions-the utility must be disabled before attempting the new install-the short of error code 5 is utility in in use by system-or running in the background-so, if the icon is on the tray, right click and select exit. One of the best ways to make use of a forum is to read through first, and see if anyone else has posted the same or similar concern-it frees up the time of the Admin. and other users to address new and different problems-thank you

Thank you detailer

That was the reason I made the post Install-Uninstall-Reinstall - and it really ought to be sticky, as it it often this that can solve some minor problems.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thank-you Solbjerg-and, as has been posted on numerous occasions-the utility must be disabled before attempting the new install-the short of error code 5 is utility in in use by system-or running in the background-so, if the icon is on the tray, right click and select exit. One of the best ways to make use of a forum is to read through first, and see if anyone else has posted the same or similar concern-it frees up the time of the Admin. and other users to address new and different problems-thank you

Archived