IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 7 installed - now PC won't boot up

mercurius

I've happily been using SMART Defrag for some years now and have always found it very good.

This afternoon, I noticed that there is a new version (3) so I went to upgrade and then found that I could also get ASC7 in a free version, so I downloaded that too.

I ran the Anti Malware s/w and it didn't find any threats. Then I ran Care utility and it told me that 9 drivers needed updating, so I clicked Fix. I also did the Defrag.

Finally I though for some reason I thought that it might be better to re-start my computer for the driver changes to take effect.

Problem is now that my PC won't boot up! It freezes on the 'Starting Windows' screen. Initially I thought it was just taking some time to update the drivers, but no it stays stuck. I've tried starting Windows using the option to run Windows tools to fix the problem - but that freezes too.

I'm typing this on my MacBook Pro, so apologies if I've got some of the utility names wrong, but they're on the PC which I can't access.

Please help as I can't access my PC and it has most of my digital assets on it.

Hi Mercurius

You should start your pc in safe mode. Then restore your pc to a time before the issue occurred.

Before you run ASC again, I recommend that you disable Driver Booster, and do not run all the care functions in one go. Select specific functions and run the scan one at a time. This allows you to keep a better track on what is happening. Once you have done this and your pc is in a healthy condition, then you can run multiple scans if you wish.

Also you should check all your settings in ASC to ensure they are set to suit your requirements.

Archived