IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

And the time gets longer and longer and longer!

please MistyEyes

Do you mean to tell us that you have renamed c: drive to drive 1 and then partitioned that into 3 drives?

then renamed d: drive to drive 2 and partitioned that into the next x partitions?

Are you trying to test the machines logic or ours?

Would you please divulge the logic behind this setup?

Cheers

solbjerg

I will try one more time with the different settings.

I just downloaded PerfectDisk so if these new setting that you

suggested don't work, I will give it a whirl. TY!

I do have some programs on my C Drive aside from the OS.

I try to keep them off C but sometimes there are no options,

or they have always been that way going back 11 years.

hi Misty Eyes

As I told you I contacted IObit, and they told me that the timing question is very hard to solve, because it builds on Microsofts own API (Application Programming Interface) but that the developer would try very hard to solve the issue as soon as possible.

Some of Microsoft own timing doesn't work perfectly.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have 2 HDD

Drive 1=C,D

Drive 2=E,F,G

CORRECTLY partitioned!

It is SATA and my installer set it up.

Hi!

I was looking through the forum earlier in the day,

and I notice that I am not the only person having a problem with SD hanging.

I truly hope someone gets this program compatible with 'windowz',

as I know that I really liked the 3.1 beta that works like a charm. It would be nice to be current.

I am going to be using that version again until this hopefully gets straightened out.

I REALLY appreciate the time that you gave me, and maybe this will answer

other people's questions about the same problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Longer and longer

hi MistyEyes

I have just informed IObit of this, - it must be a bug. I just tried version 1.03, and it said that it would take 1 hour and 20 some minutes to run the Defrag&Optimize, when in reality it took about 15 minutes.

But otherwise it is a nice update with much better colour compliancy.

Cheers

solbjerg

Relax, I'm up to 36,000 hours +. I'll be dead before it finishes. Maybe it is de-defragmenting my hard drive?

Hi rlwalker

We will probably have to wait for an update regarding the timing bug.

But your result - I would want to hear what fragment status is and how large and full your disc is?

I do hope you live longer than 5 years :-)

Cheerio

solbjerg

Relax, I'm up to 36,000 hours +. I'll be dead before it finishes. Maybe it is de-defragmenting my hard drive?

I got the same problem, installed smart defrag yesterday, runnin it now & the remaining time is at 48,744 hours, but it must be a bug, cos literally every second the time changes dramatically

it will increase by as much as 20,000 hours one sec & the next it will decrease by a even bigger margin, all the while defragging remains at 0%

I have a 229.91GB hard drive & understand defragging isnt always a quick process but anyone have any clues how to help or should I start lookin at other software to defragment my pc with?

P.S in the time it has taken me to type this post the remaining time has gone up to 63,159 lol

Archived