IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

V3 Problems

somerstown

Hi, this is my first posting here.

I use WIN XP Pro sp3

FireFox 3.04

Online Armor firewall

AVIRA anti virus

Spyware Blaster

WinPatrol

I check daily for updates and do daily scans.

I have been using AWC for a few years with no problems, but when I downloaded and ran V3, ran a scan and let it fix the problems it found, including a surprisingly large number of registry problems, next time I restarted my computer Windows would not finish loading Windows. I had to use System Restore in safe mode to get things running again. I have not reinstalled V3 since. Has anyone else had this problem and has it now been fixed?

AWC has been a program I have used daily, but now am very cautious about using the latest version again.

might want to rethink that one

Hi Rsandy-"All" the problems you read about on this forum probably represent less than 0.02% of the total number of working applications installed and utilized by Iobit beta testers, freeware users, and paid subscribers around the globe-remember,perspective is the key-download and install !!-there's plenty of help to be found here :-)

Did You Not Read My Post Below..yes Yes Yes!!

Hi, this is my first posting here.

I use WIN XP Pro sp3

FireFox 3.04

Online Armor firewall

AVIRA anti virus

Spyware Blaster

WinPatrol

I check daily for updates and do daily scans.

I have been using AWC for a few years with no problems, but when I downloaded and ran V3, ran a scan and let it fix the problems it found, including a surprisingly large number of registry problems, next time I restarted my computer Windows would not finish loading Windows. I had to use System Restore in safe mode to get things running again. I have not reinstalled V3 since. Has anyone else had this problem and has it now been fixed?

AWC has been a program I have used daily, but now am very cautious about using the latest version again.

YES I HAVE HAD A PROBLEM! THEY NEED TO JUST TRASH IT,WIPED OUT MY WINDOWS XP ,THE DRIVER SCAN ON V.3 IF YOU AS ME...OH BY THE WAY LOVE AVIRA PREMIUM HAVE IT TOO...

mega problem!

like the guy that started this post I have loved windows care but the new version killed my pc! Before you say it, yes i did a fresh install after my 1st corruption of xp.... i did a destructive recovery and spent 2 nights reinstalling drivers and everything, installed version 3 and within a few hours BAM! restarted pc and tells me windows cant find c:\windows\system32\config\system...... same problem as i had when windows 1st went down.....

I know my system indide and out, i hadn;t done anything new besides this programs update in weeks. My antivirus is updated daily, spyware got a firewall, im 100% sure that after 2 times this program is to blame.... :sad:

Please Please Please, find a way to fix this, the new stuff seemed awesome till it killed XP...... I've done so much bragging to my friends about this program and now I pray i'm not too late to save them from my fate....

>>>>At the very least please put the 2.9 version back up fpr download, no site that has the new version seems to have the 2.9 version any more<<<<<<

Hi somertown

All the extra applications that comes with the pro version should be used with care, some of them with extreme care. Nevertheless they can be useful.

Cheers

solbjerg

Success did not last:(

I have uninstalled V3 and will leave it a while till problems have been sorted out before I try it again.

Pity, AWC was good.

Success did not last:(

I have uninstalled V3 and will leave it a while till problems have been sorted out before I try it again.

Pity, AWC was good.

well think about it this way. all you really need in version 3 is the registry repair, security and stuff. you dont need the utilities. besides, its still better than v2 with its scanning improvements. cleans more crap and stuff :)

used with care?!

I can understand use with care, I personally checked a bunch of the alterations the program did but with as much as it finds who can go through all that information? Unless this program is a complete from scratch rewrite why on earth would the programers mess with registry settings that hadnt been messed with in previous versions? On a program that 90%+ of its users would possibly doom themselves on a one button push program? Many, like me, fully trusted this program and the performance its given so far....... Spybot S&D has warnings as to the use of its program but never to my knowledge has the programers of that app put anything that would corrupt a registry and and cause its users to destroy there OS on a button push...

Dont get me wrong i've enjoyed the app for over a year and with some time I might be able to go back to it. It seemed like the ultimate utility and in my private business i promoted it as well as to my friends on a personal level, this has been a major setback I hope to at least find a previous version to use....

next time use the search function. here

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1270

also like detailer said these bugs happen to like 0.02 percent of the people that use this program. otherdwise this company would be down and out of business wouldnt it?

if you really are a super computer newbie then i highly suggest you unclick the 'optimization' feature and the only utility you should use it the disk cleaner on the utilites button. theyre safe to use. unless of course you use outlook it tends to delete old messages.

Ok Immortalknight

:-) Call it caution then!

For example there is no reason to run sfc /scannow unless one has a problem that could relate to that.

Likewise with other applications, - if one doesn't have a problem - why would one try to fix it then??

If one wants to clean out all unneccesary files (this will vary from user to user - depending upon the persons preferences) one has to go through them one by one and make certain that they really aren't needed.

This may take some days - and for that period keep the deleted files in the waste basket, so that they are easily restored in case one has made a mistake after all. After one is certain that no ill effects has come from deleting them, they can be thrown out. This goes doubly for cloned files too.

The effect upon the speed of the computer of all this work will in most cases be negligible.

I have a friend that got into trouble by using easycleaner function unneccesary files, which he deleted, - so this problem is in many programs unless they are configured - I have had it myself in ccleaner at one time.

Cheers

solbjerg

I can understand use with care, I personally checked a bunch of the alterations the program did but with as much as it finds who can go through all that information? Unless this program is a complete from scratch rewrite why on earth would the programers mess with registry settings that hadnt been messed with in previous versions? On a program that 90%+ of its users would possibly doom themselves on a one button push program? Many, like me, fully trusted this program and the performance its given so far....... Spybot S&D has warnings as to the use of its program but never to my knowledge has the programers of that app put anything that would corrupt a registry and and cause its users to destroy there OS on a button push...

Dont get me wrong i've enjoyed the app for over a year and with some time I might be able to go back to it. It seemed like the ultimate utility and in my private business i promoted it as well as to my friends on a personal level, this has been a major setback I hope to at least find a previous version to use....

You can find it in this post.

Archived