IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New utilities available now! (TCPIP and FireFox Optimizer)

Tim Xue

New utilities available now! (TCPIP and FireFox Optimizer)  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi Tim,

FirefoxTCP Beta 3.50 GUI and English is OK except small TCP Optimizer window which reads "tcp Optimize seccessful" instead of "TCP Optimize successful".

Thanks for the considerations.

The program still does not change anything except TTL. (Even not RWIN).

Latest"RegistryCleaner" works perfectly allright with me and the icon is good.

enoskype

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hangs while analizing File Types.

I have downloaded and installed Registry Cleaner beta. After clicking scan registry the programs is fine until it gets to File Types when while analizing I get the message invalid file type for" and then the program hangs. Task manager thinks it is still running but it does nothing more. Can you help? :cry:

Tim,

When you run new "RegistryCleaner Beta 1.02(1.0.2.5)", after hitting "Scan Registry" button a small window is created continiously and repeatedly saying "List Index Out of Bonds". (Windows XP Pro sp2).

You can only stop it by Task Manager.

Downloaded at GMT 21:30.

Beta 1.0 was working OK for me.

enoskype

Hi ,

I've been using FirefoxTCP Beta 3.50 for 2 days now , and so far I'd have to say it has increased Firefox performance , page load time , and generally enhanced my 56Kbps Dial-Up connection. The tool seems very promising.

I take it that this utility will be integrated in AWC ?

Can it be done now , I'm using the latest Pro Trial version ?

Running Win XP Pro SP2 on a 800Mhz / 256RAM machine , which is why AWC is such a great asset for this older computer.

On the GUI of FirefoxTCP Beta 3.50 there's a Advanced button , and the Optimize button . The latter is obvious but I had no idea what Advanced options were , so clicked and got a popup error ; see the snapshot.

Basically is this a bug , or am I missing some information ?

Kind Regards ,

Thanks

1. There should be a way to scan each area (activeX, program,ect.) and clean each by themselves to create a back up of each area. Would be easier to troubleshoot if something did cause a problem.

2. You should be able to remove one issue at a time instead of just all at once.

3. If an item is found to cause a problem if removed, you should be able to exclude it from the scans. Without this it won't do you any good if you keep taking out the issues that cause problems when removed.

-----------------------------------------------

I will take your #2,#3 suggestion and improve it in soon. Regarding the #1 suggestion, I think the registry cleaner is based on our All-In-One idea and we will continue implement it as it is really useful and helpful for users. And our task is make it causes as less problem as possible, and our backup feature will restore it to the original status.

Because I got (hit) by number 2 above, I only rated your software good. I had hundreds of problems, so I tried to test it by just fixing a few I already knew the answer to. But when they were all fixed, I was shocked until testing showed that nothing bad was done.

Hi Iobit team ,

About the FirefoxTCP optimizer (Beta 3.50 )

I've not had a reply to my initial post , i.e. error popup ;Advanced options button. No worries , I realise your busy.

What I have to report is that the settings FirefoxTCP optimizer

apply are reversed/suggested as not optimal when I run Advanced Win Care Pro 2.4 .

I have deleted FirefoxTCP optimizer (Beta 3.50 ) seems too buggy in tests so far.

• 1 month later...

????

I downloaded the registry cleaner and the optimizer, and used them.

Everything looked fine, though I did not notice a real speed difference.

A few minutes later, though, when I searched something on yahoo, the search did not work, I got a page full of computer instructions, Same on aol, and google. Useless to say that i used system restore to go back to the previous day, which worked, no problems now. But I am saced of using the cleaner again. Could some one tell me what happen? Thanks

The one you use is the oldest of Registry Cleaner from IObit.

The most recent one is embedded inside the AWC Pro.

It is version Beta1.04, and not restricted in the AWC Pro version.

It is not stand alone anymore, and you have to run it from the main AWC folder because it is language dependent.

Hello, everyone! I'm glad to announce that our new tools FireFox&TCP Optimizer is ready now!

Please feel free to test it. It has the backup&restore feafure, so it's safe for use. If you find any bug or suggestion, please post it here or let us know. Thanks

PS:

The Registry Cleaner has been integrated into AWCPro.

I have downloaded and run this program but I don't know if it is doing any good or not. One problem I do have is that I am on DSL running at 6.4 mbs. the optimize program goes up in increments of 2 but misses out 6mb why? Does this mean that I have to optimize at 4mbs or should I optimize at 8mbs? Please clarify the situation.

Hi w.hatton,

-Click "Advanced Mode", on the main window of FireFox TCP Optimizer.

If you are not using FireFox, a small window will pop-up saying that "FireFox hasn't been installed in your computer".

-Click "OK".

-Click "TCP Optimizer" tab button.

-Adjust connect speed adjuster slider to 6000(Kps).

-Select your Network Adapter.

-Check the checkbox "Modify all the network adapters".

-Check "PPPoE" in Optimize Parameter (MTU:1492, TTL:64, Max Duplicate:2, RWIN:255552, MTU Discover checked, Selective checked, Windows Scaling checked).

-Click "Apply!".

Check your connection speed with MySpeed PC

(http://www.myspeed.com/pe/index.html.)

From Visualware USA-Virginia.

Try the same with 7000(Kps).(Your RWIN will be 511104).

Check your speed again.

Use the better one.

• 2 weeks later...

still not working

I used the most recent one, in AWC pro, and had the same results, impossible to search for anything, as if some necessary plug-ins had been deleted. System restore again, and I don't know if i should try it again.... Using Windows XP SP2, Pentium dual core, mostly firefox, AOL broadband (in Ontario, Canada, the amount of providers on dsl is one, aol......... no, you have bell too which is more expensive and worse).

Any ideas? thank you,

• 1 year later...
Hi w.hatton,

-Click "Advanced Mode", on the main window of FireFox TCP Optimizer.

If you are not using FireFox, a small window will pop-up saying that "FireFox hasn't been installed in your computer".

-Click "OK".

-Click "TCP Optimizer" tab button.

-Adjust connect speed adjuster slider to 6000(Kps).

-Select your Network Adapter.

-Check the checkbox "Modify all the network adapters".

-Check "PPPoE" in Optimize Parameter (MTU:1492, TTL:64, Max Duplicate:2, RWIN:255552, MTU Discover checked, Selective checked, Windows Scaling checked).

-Click "Apply!".

Check your connection speed with MySpeed PC

(http://www.myspeed.com/pe/index.html.)

From Visualware USA-Virginia.

Try the same with 7000(Kps).(Your RWIN will be 511104).

Check your speed again.

Use the better one.

This is very good and helpful. It would be nice if the Help in the program explained this.

It would also be useful to explain whether settings higher or lower than the "MySpeed" numbers helps or hurts the result.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, everyone! I'm glad to announce that our new tools FireFox&TCP Optimizer is ready now!

Please feel free to test it. It has the backup&restore feafure, so it's safe for use. If you find any bug or suggestion, please post it here or let us know. Thanks

PS:

The Registry Cleaner has been integrated into AWCPro.

System Info:

Windows XP Pro with SP3

Advanced Systemcare v3.0.1 [Free] - not paying until everything working right

Firefox v3.0.4

Don't know about these tools [not downloaded them - but seeing they're older than the latest ASC...] but I've been a 'beta tester' since this program was called 'windowscare' & each version I've tried the same problem STILL exists

I have sent many feedback each time (Through the beta tester feedback option in AWC/ASC) but it seems that other things take priority

The problem is on 'FirefoxTCP optimiser' > 'Auto Optimize' > 'Boost Now'

I get pop-up of 'FirefoxTCP otimized' BUT under 'Mozilla Firefox' I get message 'Not find Firefox'

Even trying the 'Firefox Optimize' > 'Performance' > 'Apply' I get 'Do not find profile directory of Firefox'

The thing is I ONLY USE FIREFOX (I don't use IE whenever I possible can)

- I have sent a suggestion that this 'fault' could be because I don't have firefox profile in the 'default directory' on the C:\ drive.

[i have it stored on another partition (D:\) just in case I have to re-install Windows - this way I don't lose all my bookmarks etc]

The path is something like D:\Firefox and Thunderbird profiles\Firefox\username.default

- I have suggested that a [browse for Profile] option could be added - but this has never appeared.

- I have made a new profile stored on C:\ drive - but it's still not found.

- Tried older versions (I currently have v3 installed) just in case Firefox 3 uses a different method to older version - still no good

So my question is - is the profile directory 'hardcoded' into ASC or is there a registry entry or 'config.ini' that can be altered that allows ASC to 'find' my profile ???

Archived