IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New utilities available now! (TCPIP and FireFox Optimizer)

Tim Xue

New utilities available now! (TCPIP and FireFox Optimizer)  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one is going to make most of the other Registry programs obsolete! :D

AWC is going to be THE SOFTWARE. 8)

Apart from hundreds of ActiveX and COM registries it cleans hundreds of former shortcut position registries and so on.

It is better to have more than one pass to clean the connected/related registries.

Tim,

(Show Issues=>Details window) even when maximized, information part of the window stays the same size vertically!.

Thanks for great add-ons.

enoskype

Hi Tim,

I downloaded the registry cleaner and saved to desktop.The first scan found 1609 Active X issues and a few history and program issues. When I tried to correct them I recieved a warning that it was un-able to create a backup because the path did not exist. It did show the non-existing path to be to Documents And Settings. Does this download need to be saved to documents and settings and not desktop to work correctly? I re-scanned and nothing seems to be removed, shows the same issues as before (whew!).

I also noticed that the active X and useless histories had a red triangle by each entry while the program issues had a yellow triangle. Are the red ones safe to remove?

samr.

Hi Samr,

Did you run it from inside the zip file?

I have extracted "RegistryCleaner.exe" file in the zip file to IObit main folder. After running, it created "filename.ini" file and "Backup" folder there. "*.reg" files are created in this backup folder.

I have used it five times and removing everything red or yellow revealed no problems but 5 registry files in the backup folder.

enoskype

new registry cleaner problem

here is the error message i got

CANNOT CREATE FILE C:\DOCUMENTS&SETTINGS\OWNER LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMP INTERNET

FILES\CONTENT.IE5\S6N1GH3I\REGISTRY CLEANER[1]\BACKUP\2\26\2007 11_44_22 AM.REG

WHAT DID I DO WRONG? I HAVE WINDOWS XP SP2 INTERNET EXPLORER 7 THANKS KIM WEST

Enoskype,

I tried your advise on extracting the files to program files/Iobit. I am still having the same results, only showing the non-existing path as program files/Iobit/backup. There is a backup folder in the Iobit program files, but will not create a backup. I get the same message as monstermike, just showing a different location for the path. It will not repair because it can't find the path for the backup folder.

samr.

Tim,

Glad to see the forum is back up and running!

I downloaded the fixed registry cleaner and the backups seem to be fixed.

I want to tell a story and I hope it doesn't get too long. A few days ago I ran regseeker and it found around 1200 Active X issues. I have had bad luck with registry cleaners in the past so I took out only active X problems a little at a time creating several different backups. BAD MOVE. Problems imediately! I tried to restore all backups and over half errored and wouldn't restore (thank God for System restore!)

Today I upgraded my memory to 5 times what I had.I was feeling cocky because my computer sped up a bit.

I downloaded the fixed version of the registry scan tool and it found 1690 active X issues and a few other things (many more active X than Regseeker) So this scared me. I went to details and found 1 minor thing and selected it then hit correct. I thought this would just remove the one item as a test.To my horror, when I went back to the main page it showed 0 problems. I re-scanned and it showed 0 problems. It took everything out. I was terrified!

I restarted computer to check for damage. HOLY COW (spelled with an r-a-p).Adding the memory was nothing compared to what this computer is doing now. It is flying! This tool is AMAZING! And so far, no problems!

Story out of the way, a few suggestions:

1. There should be a way to scan each area (activeX, program,ect.) and clean each by themselves to create a back up of each area. Would be easier to troubleshoot if something did cause a problem.

2. You should be able to remove one issue at a time instead of just all at once.

3. If an item is found to cause a problem if removed, you should be able to exclude it from the scans. Without this it won't do you any good if you keep taking out the issues that cause problems when removed.

Other than that, this is going to put other registry programs out of buisiness!

samr.

1. There should be a way to scan each area (activeX, program,ect.) and clean each by themselves to create a back up of each area. Would be easier to troubleshoot if something did cause a problem.

2. You should be able to remove one issue at a time instead of just all at once.

3. If an item is found to cause a problem if removed, you should be able to exclude it from the scans. Without this it won't do you any good if you keep taking out the issues that cause problems when removed.

-----------------------------------------------

I will take your #2,#3 suggestion and improve it in soon. Regarding the #1 suggestion, I think the registry cleaner is based on our All-In-One idea and we will continue implement it as it is really useful and helpful for users. And our task is make it causes as less problem as possible, and our backup feature will restore it to the original status.

This thing chokes and freezes on the OpenScan in vista on my computer.

I have to let the thing run until the end of Classes and hit stop. Repair what I can... and let the rest go. It seems to stop checking Home? in OpenScan.

It also produces a stack overflow error and quits once in a while too.

Not all that stable to be putting in your newer version of AWC in my opinion

Run as administrator is the only way to run this program in Vista. Otherwise nothing can be fixed.

Anyway, I do run as administrator from the right click... and it works fine until it gets to the OpenScan. The program freezes.. and the popup window comes asking wether or not to close application or wait to see if it responds.

What I do to fix what it had found is stop it right when it gets to the OpenScan and click on repair.

Well.. just like taking your car into a mechanic. It has symptoms until the mechanic trys to fix it and he looks at you like your nuts. :lol:

I must have ran this program a dozen times with same results... stopped responding when it got to OpenScan... tried again to give you a screen shot, and the dang thing worked like a charm.

So, unless it happens again... and if it does I will get a screenshot... I can't tell you anything more.

TCP tool

Tim,

I guess I am having trouble figuring out the settings to use on the TCP optimizer.When I try to set it for the closest settings for my internet connection it actually seems to slow it down slightly. Then when I run AWC scan,the System Analysis sets it back where it was and it speeds back up.

My internet service is an always on AT&T DSL Elite (their description is 3-6 mbps downstream 512-768 kbps upsteam). I have a 100 mbps Speedstream modem & using IE7 browser (actually usually use AT&T browser which is a plug in).

When I run AWC pro I have found that setting the internet connection to LAN instead of DSL seens to run a little smoother faster.

What settings should I be using in the TCP tool?

Thanks, samr.

Does it stop at OpenScan and you run it as administrator?

Yes... but not every time.

Sometimes it runs out ok... but at OpenScan it gives me the feeling it will stop but then finishes. Sometimes it stops. Sometimes it gives that screen shot above... sometimes it just stops responding and windows asks if you want to quit the app or let it finish on its own.

Archived