IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

My jump to Advanced system care 3

lethal

Hi Folks,

After having used Advanced Windows care for a year or two (and watching its competitors catch up to it), I noted the upgrade to the above.

Looked like a good enhancement.

However after the first and second 'maintain windows' option run, I delved into the utitlites (for a cleaner system).

Now I am not a novice pc user nor a pro, but after running 'disk cleaner', firefox tcp optimiser (I use it and IE) and shortcut fixer...I have found that the last 30 days emails from my outlooks express inbox have disappeared.

Is this corruption, or a tweak on a logical approach by the developers.

Most unexpected and inconvenient.

A 'System restore' failed to achieve any repliification...and the restore function in AWC 3 also failed (with some IE error).

Any advice would be great and muchly appreciated.

System details:

Intel Core2 Duo 2.33

2gb RAM

Nvidia geforce 8600 gt

two external disk drives

regards

Lethal

don't know if you can get it back, but.......

Hi lethal- Open up the options menu at the top of the GUI(home window)-and choose privacy sweep-what is checked off? Also, if you're running the auto care function,check that as well-I know that none of these refer specifically to email, but you might want to try a little experiment with these settings and use some junk mail moved to your inbox as the guinea pig-I seriously doubt the disk cleaner is what bit you in the a$$-so play around a little and get back to us :grin:

Hi IcyFrostPro

You are almost certainly right IFP. One has to choose which items to "clean out" (delete) one by one. And to delete some mails that one wants to keep seems contrary to ones purpose.

To get them back ? Well perhaps an application that is geared to restore any deleted file can be used.

I'm fairly sure that you IFP will know of some :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

i think its the disk cleaner as it deletes old data. by any luck youd have saved a backup. go and try. otherdwise your out of luck unless others can help you

My jump to Advanced system care 3

Hi Folks,

Sincere thanks for the advice and input.

ICP, I have downloaded Recuva, thanks for the heads up, however a little unsure as to what I should be seeking (.dbx files?), most seem to be cookies or temp internet files. There doesnt seem to be a 'sort by file type'.

I did have a back up or restore point, however as mentioned it shows an error when I try to enact it. Something about 'access violation at address 0000004. Read of address 0000004'.

Detailer, when you say 'what is checked off'...not a lot (one or two items per group). Can you please clarify what I should be looking for as the culprit. ...even if it was me! (Doh)

Automated care has been disabled.

Thanks again for all the input and advice, and looking forward to hearing back.

regards

Lethal

Archived