IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 7.3 Pro and SD 3.1

Hi.

I Just purchased ASC 7.3 pro, and would like to take the most out of it, I also have SmartDefrag 3.1

So I searched the forum about the use of both programs and found this the following threads:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=95176#post95176

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=14217&highlight=smartdefrag

both are for ASC 6, that's why I decided to start a new thread but for ASC 7.3

So based on the info of both threads I have the following questions, in order to make sure that SmartDefrag is working as expected and that ASC defragmenter never is started and is interfering with SD:

1) I guess that on the "Care" tab, the "Disk defragment" should be disabled?

2) under settings>disk defragment, the PRO option "Enable Optimization Defragment" must be disabled?

3) And at the same "disk defragment" settings, should I leave the default values in "general"?, they are:

• Skip huge files (over 1 GB) - checked
  • Don't defrag Solid State Disk - Checked
  • Optimize your PC drives with Advanced SystemCare - Checked
  • Run when fragments exceed - 3%

My guess is that "Optimize your PC drives with Advanced SystemCare must be unchecked (so that SmartDefrag is othe one to optimize the PC drives), but don't know if ASC has other optimziation routines, different than SD, and this option must be checked?

On the other thread it says to set "Run when fragments exceed" to 15% or higher, that will make ASC to never start it's defragmenter because SD has a lower value (SD 3.1 default is 1%), is it correct?

Is there any other setting in ASC that must be changed? so that all the HDD defrag and optimize are 100% handled by SD? without ASC interfering or "undoing" what SD has done?

One final thought/idea:

Why don't configure ASC 7 installer and main program to completely detect if SD is installed, and if it's installed, then ASC 7 will autoconfigure itself so that any defrag and optimize are disabled? hence making SD take full control of such tasks?

As always a BIG thanks! :-D

Archived