IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

HELP: Right clicking malfunction after registry fix

jrg

Hi

After using Registry Fix, when I right click on any desktop icon, the pull down menu doesn't appear. Only the hourglass showed up. Nothing happens with I click on "start" and the system hangs.

I had to restore the backup (and re-login) and it appears to be one of the following entries that is the culprit:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[ActiveX and Class Issues]

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{BF84BFD8-B411-4948-9BDA-3A6C02CE7BD4}\1.3\0 N/A C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero Vision\NeroVisionAPI.dll

[invalid File Extensions]

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Abale.Bands.2 N/A {7278C10B-FB5C-99E4-641F-725103789AB0}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AccClientDocMgr.Compression.3 N/A {5CF83C88-2AF3-61C2-2849-46B52D2C00B6}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AcroExch.Application.1 N/A {F1CB7221-B6C9-1556-BA42-0FB88A485FCE}

[invalid Shortcuts]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 3 N/A

[invalid Shortcuts]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\Any Video Converter N/A

[invalid Shortcuts]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\COMODO N/A

[invalid Shortcuts]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\EasyCleaner N/A

[invalid Shortcuts]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\Hummingbird Connectivity 2008 N/A

[invalid Shortcuts]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\MagicISO N/A

[invalid Shortcuts]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\MathType 6 N/A

[invalid Shortcuts]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office N/A

[invalid Shortcuts]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\ShellExView N/A

[invalid Shortcuts]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\Xobni N/A

[unused File Extensions]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.sol N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------

But which one? Any idea?

Thanks!

Can't Live Without The Right-Click

Hi jrg-Petty sure the culprit is"ShellExView" To re-enable your RC menu,try this-right click the task bar-select properties-click start menu tab-click customize button-click the advanced tab-check enable dragging and dropping-apply-OK-- This all assumes that the first right click wiil show properties-if not,post back

Unfortunately, that didn't work.

It isn't ShellExView. I used that tool to disable some contexmenu, a method i googled... not much success with it.

The situation now is that whenever I right click on any icon on the desktop, the system hangs. But when I "switch user" and "log off" several times by ctrl-alt-del, sometimes if I lucky, the right click functionality can be restored. I'm using Vista 32bit btw.

Thanks

Hi jrg,

May sound like a dumb question, but did you try SYSTEM restore?

I also found a fix to restore context menu in Vista to defaults, but I know nothing about it.You might look & see what you think. You have to scroll down towards the bottom of the page.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/140508-context-menu-enable-disable.html

Link says Vista64, but page just says Vista. I'm not sure.

samr.

I did system restore a couple of times; it worked. But now, I don't know which copy is good. I doubt I can do that anymore.

The link you provided, and the reg file.... it worked. But once I restart the computer, it went back to its previous state and I had to run the reg again. Does that point to something?

J

Archived