IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Shortcut Fixer

richboy

I am looking at getting the HP Pavilion Recovery CD ($28) - which I should not have to purchase; I would like to do a simple repair and not have to erase the hard drive - there was no virus, just some thing or some things missing from the registry. I am using Windows XP.

Yea-that's what I was afraid of-looks like the reg defrag bit you-it would probably boot from cd if you had one-last thing to try while you wait for a disk is to power down and completely unplug your pc from any power source for at least 20 minutes-will erase short term memory-you could even get away with a borrowed copy of SP2 for now to run a repair console, or at least get it to boot so you could go for a system restore-sorry, out of ideas for now

Archived