IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Version 7.4 changed settings affecting computer access across a LAN???

NeillMR

Hello. I am an experienced ASC "Pro" user for several years/versions now, but I am new to this Forum. I already tried to post this request for help, but I may have put it in the wrong place--a place where it might go unnoticed. Please forgive me for trying to correct my mistake by posting it again...

Today, I upgraded my computers that use ASC ("PRO") to version 7.4. Afterwards I discovered that I could no longer access a Windows XP computer located on my LAN from Windows 8 or 8.1 computers on the same LAN. So far, nothing else appears adversely affected.

Our LAN is protected and has long been configured to allow blank password logons, whether from the console or across the LAN (on our side of the firewall, of course). It appears that ASC version 7.4 changes some Windows setting(s) that previously allowed Windows 8 and 8.1 computers to access Windows XP computers across a LAN. I cannot identify or undo the affected setting(s). All of the affected computers (both Windows 8/8.1 and XP) use ASC and are PRO installations. Other XP computers on the LAN that are NOT equipped with ASC (of any version) were not affected and are still accessible from the affected computers without regard to the OS.

Your soonest help/advice would be agreatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi NeillMR

To solve the issue, please open ASC, find and run Security Reinforce under Toolbox, then turn on Remote Assistance Service to see whether the issue continues.

If it does, please feel free to let us know.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Archived