IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced Systemcare 8 almost wrecked my PC

spotify95

Further to the issues that I had previously (with ASC 7.4), I saw the update for ASC 8 and foolishly took it.

As soon as it installed, it also installed a driver program which identified 24 drivers needing an update. Updated the drivers and it made my computer slow.

I also lost my settings that I had made in Realtek HD Audio.

The ASC program also done something to my PC which made it work harder all the time, thus making it overheat almost immediately.

I am not happy with this program - and am considering dumping ASC altogether.

Further to the issues that I had previously (with ASC 7.4), I saw the update for ASC 8 and foolishly took it.

As soon as it installed, it also installed a driver program which identified 24 drivers needing an update. Updated the drivers and it made my computer slow.

I also lost my settings that I had made in Realtek HD Audio.

The ASC program also done something to my PC which made it work harder all the time, thus making it overheat almost immediately.

I am not happy with this program - and am considering dumping ASC altogether.

ASC has loaded Driver Booster. I recommend that you disable the Driver Booster and uninstall it. Now restore your system back to a time before the issue occurred. This will undo any changes made by driver booster. Please also note that you chose to update the drivers. ASC simply made a recommendation.

ASC has loaded Driver Booster. I recommend that you disable the Driver Booster and uninstall it. Now restore your system back to a time before the issue occurred. This will undo any changes made by driver booster. Please also note that you chose to update the drivers. ASC simply made a recommendation.

Not as easy as it sounds. When I first installed ASC it done something to my laptop in that System Restore (and windows backup) would NEVER work. WB would never get past 10% without coming up with an error, and SR would never create a restore point (again, comes up with an error).

These issues were not present before I installed my first version of ASC (I think it was ASC 5?) onto my PC.

At least ASC did solve a BSOD issue.

I found out the cause of the problem was an updated driver for Intel RST hogging my processor - so I uninstalled RST (not that it ever did anything!) and the CPU is back to normal.

I may try with ASC 8 again some time - I might, or might not, run the driver booster if it puts it on my system. As I believe it was just the one faulty driver.

Archived