IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Serious problem with ASC3 registry defrag

MerleOne

Hi,

I just tried registry defrag on my XP Home system. After reboot, the session opening crashed. After another reboot, all my settings were gone, the registry was corrupt. Fortunately I created a system restore point so I was able to recover. Am I the only one to experience this ?

Thanks.

Hi detailer

I think your usual approch of having no automated functions running may have saved you some grief. :-)

I also run the functions "by hand", much safer and much more to my liking.

Also I have also got through the add-in reg-defrag safely 3-4 times, - I don't run it very often.

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes Sunny, have run it at least a half dozen times on two pc's,both XP sp3,but totally different programs installed on each-registries differ greatly in size as well-hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...

Reg defrag

I tried to defrag my registry. Analysis got to 88% then I got a message "Floating Point Division By Zero". The screen locked up for about 1-2 min, then went back to the original screen to start the reg defrag process. It will not complete the analysis in order to defrag the registry. Any ideas?: I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate (64bit)

Reg Defrag

Hi rhice-I'd avoid Reg defrag for now.Took awhile to get the bugs worked out for XP.I suspect since Vista 64 is new to the inclusions of Iobit's utilities,they're still putting the finishing touches on it.Be patient as I'm sure they will have this resolved shortly.

Archived