IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Undelete

Greetings.

I deleted a bunch of stuff I shouldn't have...and then a comedy of errors.

In any event, I ran "undelete" on the entire drive. it seems to have created a file approaching the size of the drive. The file appears to be a Java Script file and I haven't any idea what to do with it. Merely navigating to it with Windows Explorer bogs down the computer. I have successfully moved it to another drive.

Is this the way Undelete should be working? What might I do?

Thanks,

Dick

I am trying to understand why you would try to Undelete an entire drive. When you run Undelete it asks you to scan a specific drive for deleted files, and then to choose the files you wish to undelete.

Therefore it sounds to me that you must actually have an incredible amount of deleted files on your drive.

Also it is not possible for the created file to be almost the size of the drive, as there would be no space to write it to the drive.

To read a javascript file, see here.

It would help if you provided more information such as, size of drive and freespace available prior to running undelete. Size of file created by undelete.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived