IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare Free 7.4.04

Jaguar

I know this isn't the precise place to post this question (sorry), but it's the closest I could find. What is the procedure for rolling back SystemCare 8 to this previous version? I endeavoured finding, downloading and re-installing ver. 7.4. I never got past the first step. I cannot locate the .exe file at all, anywhere. It is as though it never even existed. It looks for all the world that this is by design. I do have a version on another computer (perhaps there is a way to transfer the program via this). There are sites (Softonic, for example) that claim to provide downloads for 7, but you click on the hyperlink, and are (mis)lead to download ver. 8. If I'm honest, I'm as unhappy with ver. 8 as I was happy with ver. 7. I'm afraid they have simply advanced backward with 8, and would just like to go back to version 7.4.04.

Many thanks for any info, assistance.

Oh.... and what, exactly, is the reason for the prompt "Please close Google Chrome, otherwise the Sweeping Process will not execute properly (or similar words)... force close it now?". First of all, Google Chrome has always been closed before I run Adv SysCare , and the words "force close" always make me shudder..

What am I not getting about this feature?

Again... thanks for your time and for any replies.

Hi Jaguar

Welcome to the forum.

I am sorry that you have experienced this problem. I have searched everywhere in the forum to try and help you. Sadly I could not find a solution. It used to be very simple to help

a user to revert back to a previous version but unfortunately Iobit have decide to go the same route as microsoft and all the other profit before quality route, and it is now almost impossible to revert to the version you prefer, unless you keep a copy of the ,exe file.

Maybe on Monday, the Iobit liason for the forum will be able to assist you, and direct you to the ASC7 download. Keep your fingers crossed.

Hi Jaguar,

I tried the link in Advanced SystemCare 7.4 (7.4.0.474) is released! [August 22, 2014][updated (7.4.0.474)(1029) October 29, 2014] topic and the downloaded setup file version is 8.0.3.614. :x

So, try this from my own archive. TTL is 90 days. I have sent you the password by PM.

BTW, you know Google is very keen on tracking the users. so it is protecting the deletion of for example cookies. ASC will not make any harm to any browser, as it should be closing them by using Windows commands.

The word "Force" is not exactly meaning forcefully, but should be read as automatically, I think. :)

Cheers.

Massive thanks to you both, Scannan and enoskype, for your prompt responses, for your efforts, and for the info.

I will in fact look for someone from Iobit to kindly intercede and forego the Microsoft-like approach to this issue. Talk about free public-relations amelioration, perhaps even leading to increased sales via word-of-mouth kudos... but I know better than to think this a proper consideration, and will opt for the keeping my paws crossed method as you suggested - a more realistic endeavour.

Thank you once again.

Cheers,

Jag

PS - enoskype, I will have a go using the hyperlink and p/w you supplied. TY.

Archived